Ashelynn's Reviews > Tangled

bookshelves: recommend
Read from January 21 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy

full review over here!

4.5 stars!

Tangled by Erica O’Rourke is an amazing continuation of Torn, the first in this brilliant series, one that everybody needs to read! If you love magic and the mafia, you’ll love this trilogy.

Wow. Tangled was awesome. The stakes in this book are higher than ever (there’s a good chance Mo won’t make it out alive! YIKES!) and the romance is sizzling between Colin and Mo. Okay, yeah, I’m a Colin girl. Luc is okay, but COLIN. COLIN. HE’S COLIN. How can you NOT like him?

So in Torn, Mo fixed the magic lines and managed to avenge Verity’s murder… which comes back to bite her in the butt in Tangled and now she needs to fix what she FIXED before and make it all better… except Colin doesn’t want her to, and the Quartoren has a contract between them and her that if one party backs out, BAM! They’re gone. As in, they’ll be dead.

So THAT was an interesting stake.

Constance, Verity’s little sister, is a major PITA. She’s not grateful that Mo is helping her at all. Oh, and Constance’s powers are coming in and nearly kill her. So she probably SHOULD be grateful. And it really pissed me off at times. I wanted to slam her head into a wall. REALLY? But I don’t know, how would YOU feel towards your murdered sister’s best friend? Especially one where the story going around is that the best friend might have gotten the murdered sister, well, murdered?

I still didn’t like her.

Luc… and Colin. Oh MAN. Okay, see, I’m a HUGE Colin fan. Clearly. :smiles: I don’t even think there’s a Team Luc because WHY would anybody like Luc when there’s Colin?? And seriously, if you ARE Team Luc (who are you people??? Chime in!) I’ll bet you’ll be swayed over to Colin’s team at the end of the books.

OH MAN THE ENDING. THE. MOTHERFREAKING. ENDING. Gah. It’s not a cliffhanger, which I appreciate, but the ending KILLED me. I was absolutely terrified for what was going to happen—and now I’m REALLY terrified what’s going to happen in book three, Bound.

Once I started reading Tangled, I had to finish it. This series is SO ADDICITING! You NEED to read it if you haven’t.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangled.

01/21/2012 page 43
14.0% "Uh-huh. You can bet that I'm rather excited to being reading this."
01/21/2012 page 43
14.0% "Uh-huh. You can bet that I'm rather excited to being reading this."
01/21/2012 page 140
45.0% "i love Colin, but THAT scene with Luc made me laugh and hope for Luc to not do what Mo asked him to do."