Deborah's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Jun 09, 2011

bookshelves: library, non-fiction, read-when-new

This is funny, but a little choppy in places. There are some great quotes. My favorite is: “I’ll be ready for it to happen and that way it won’t happen. It’s a burden, being able to control situations with my hyper-vigilance, but it’s my lot in life.”

I agree with her completely about the Titantic movie: "Remember when we saw Titanic how mad I was at Kate Winslet when she climbed out of the lifeboat and back into the ship? I think she encumbered Leonardo DiCaprio. If she had gone on the lifeboat, then he could have had that piece of wood she was floating on and they both would have survived." When I said that, a friend told me I didn't have a romantic bone in my body.

But what's not to love about apple butter? It's reduced applesauce. It's better than jelly and you don't need butter with it. Read this: Great news about apple butter. There's a nice description here too: Apple butter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.

Quotes Deborah Liked

Tina Fey
Tina Fey, Bossypants

Tina Fey
“You have to try your hardest to be at the top of your game and improve every joke you can until the last possible second, and then you have to let it go.”
Tina Fey, Bossypants