Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > Sweetest Sorrow

Sweetest Sorrow by J.M. Darhower

bookshelves: mafia, multiple-pov, suspense, sexy-times

This was a great story and I'm a little sad that it ended. Is it weird that although I appreciated that this was Dante's tale, that I LOVED that I got more of sweet Matty? I love that guy. He's incredibly fierce, loyal, smart, protective and loving. Between him and Dante, I couldn't figure out who to love more.

both

I'm playing. I still choose Matty lol.

Ok, so Dante's story almost broke my heart. Everything he believed in was a lie. I really couldn't get over how evil Gallante and Barsanti were. Gone were sympathy and compassion. They no longer resembled the men they once were, much less the ones from friendship they once shared. All that was left was hatred and bloodlust and a never-ending battle to have the last say/shot/death. Poor Dante (and Matty and Genna) were simply caught in the crossfire.

I loved the slow build of Dante and Gabby's relationship. I'm a sucker for the friends-to-lovers trope and his brokenness only sweetened the deal. While I didn't like his damage, it came with humbleness and opened his heart, so at least it was worth it.

Fave parts:
1. The meeting of the Families (Corrado was sick! In a good way ;D)
2. Every stupid thing that came out of Genna's mouth. Girl was seriously an idiot but I loved it!
3. All of Matty. Every. Single. Thing. About. Him!
4. Gavin's endless taunting

"Did you just...?" Gabriella asked, looking back at him.
"Did I what?" he asked.
"Bequeath Genna with a G to Matty-B," Gavin chimed in.
Dante scoffed but didn't have a chance to respond before Genna groaned. "Bequeath Gavin? What am I, an inheritance?"
"I like to think of you more like a debt, personally," Gavin said. "Like that hospital bill we all know we have somewhere but nobody ever wants to pay, because it's a lot of damn money for something that ought to be free."

I wonder if this is it?! I would love more of Matty, Gavin and Dante. Gavin needs a woman!

XO

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweetest Sorrow.

Started Reading
September 6, 2016 – Shelved
September 6, 2016 – Shelved as: mafia
September 6, 2016 – Shelved as: multiple-pov
September 6, 2016 – Shelved as: suspense
September 6, 2016 – Finished Reading
September 7, 2016 – Shelved as: sexy-times

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Hulya Kara Yuksel I need more Gavin!!! :D I hope JMD writes a book about him.. :) Anyway great review honey, I'm happy that you enjoyed it too. <3

Natalie The Biblioholic Hulya wrote: "I need more Gavin!!! :D I hope JMD writes a book about him.. :) Anyway great review honey, I'm happy that you enjoyed it too. <3"

Thanks love! Yeah, I really do hope Gavin gets a book. He was an amazing character! xx

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Terrific review, darling!

Natalie The Biblioholic ✤Maria✤ wrote: "Terrific review, darling!"

Thanks babes xoxo

message 5: by Dali (new)

Dali Great review Natalie!

Natalie The Biblioholic Dali wrote: "Great review Natalie!"

Thanks hun xoxo

Natalie The Biblioholic Eve wrote: "Fab review! :D"

Thanks Eve xx

message 9: by NiCoLeTa E. (new) - added it

NiCoLeTa E. Darn, I'm dying to get my hands in this one...
Wonderful review!!! ;D xx

Natalie The Biblioholic NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "Darn, I'm dying to get my hands in this one...
Wonderful review!!! ;D xx"

Thanks love! I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance xx