Denisa C's Reviews > End of Days

End of Days by Susan Ee

9199857
Sep 08, 2016

bookshelves: owned-books, favorites

I am catching up with series/trilogies that are popular. Finally.

I was thinking about this sentence this morning, thinking how funny it is: this book has ended my days. That's how good it was. (I am so funny, someone stop me!)
So, this has romance. Like, you would not see this in YA. Penryn has a dirty little mind and I don't think Raffe is sad or mad about it. How I love my forbidden romance, the tension, the rules, the no, no, we can't be together. It just makes me so happy. You know why? Because it is worth it in the end.

I really like how their love story is handle, no one forgets where they belong. They fight for their people, the love is not the ultimate thing happening at the End of Days.
I love the characters, they are the strong point of this trilogy. You can say whatever you want. Penryn and Raffe, Paige and Penryn's mom, even the bad angels and all the other nasty creatures. The humor, the creepiness, the action. What can you ask for more?
I love the plot and the way the author managed to bring tears in my eyes, even for the not so good characters. (view spoiler)
The plot and the way the characters develop are what makes my eyes tear. (view spoiler)
So to conclude, go read this trilogy, it has everything you would want. Action, kick-ass heroine, bad boy love interest, the end of the world as we know it and beautiful and funny writing style. Yes, it can be both. Fight me!

I will miss you Raffe. I will miss your funny and sarcastic lines. Not to mention Penryn with her funny remarks and sense of humor when it is needed the most. I loveeee you both. But give me a damn longer epilogue. Would you? 3 pages?! What do you think I do? Imagine things? Hell no.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read End of Days.

Quotes Denisa Liked

Susan Ee
“Power is best held by the ones who don’t want it.”
Susan Ee, End of Days

September 6, 2016 – Started Reading
September 6, 2016 – Shelved
September 6, 2016 – Shelved as: owned-books
September 7, 2016 –
page 244
56.09% "I don't want this to end. But I can't stop myself. Sooooo GOOD!!\n"
September 7, 2016 –
page 309
71.03% "\n\n"
September 8, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
September 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Claudia (new) - added it

Claudia You just couldn't help using that gif , could you ?

Denisa C Claudia wrote: "You just couldn't help using that gif , could you ? "

I couldn't! :)) I had to end with something beautiful. :)) <3