Amy | Foxy Blogs's Reviews > Somewhere

Somewhere by Jenny Gavin

bookshelves: patina, amazon, september-2016, 2016-books, 5-star-2016
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kim Bailey

SOMEWHERE was 5 stars for me! It had everything I enjoy in a book; tension, sweetness, a little bit of the unknown, close-knit family and an older alpha male. The setting was a small town in Idaho where everyone knows everyone’s business. A little ranch community.

Gabriela ‘Gabe’ is running from her past which has left her alone in the world. She’s searching for her “somewhere” to belong and feel whole again. Loading up her duffle bag with the few items she can claim as her own she ventures out of the known and into the unknown.

She ends up in a small ranching community where she decides to spend a little time while she waits for her broken down truck to be fixed. In this town, there is another lonely heart, Heath Cahlin. He’s a man who has lost the most precious thing to him and has vowed to be single for the rest of his days.

”Like they were the hot new storyline on the town soap opera.”
Of course, theirs isn’t an easy road to love and happiness. Two broken hearts going through the daily motions of everyday living trying to find purpose within their pain. Along the way, they find each other, the only other person in that town who can empathize with their situation. The healing of each other's sorrows makes for a beautiful story. The resolution to their situation was so well done that I had forgotten this was a debut novel.

I love how the author made the town itself into a character. The town had it’s own personality and quirks. The way it draws you in with its familiarity and gives you the 'All American' feel to it. Where cowboys spend their days working the cattle and little kids could be found swinging on a tire swing drinking lemonade. I wanted to crawl inside the pages and live in that town where life seems so much simpler. But with any small town, there's always the rumor mill where gossip turns into “truths” made from tidbits, be it true or not.

I had a hard time putting this book down because the story was intriguing and the execution was well done.

descriptive text here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somewhere.

September 6, 2016 – Started Reading
September 6, 2016 – Shelved
September 6, 2016 –
25.0% "Kim told me to read this because it's good. I'm loving it. ❤️"
September 6, 2016 –
99.0% "LOVED IT\n\ndescription"
September 6, 2016 – Shelved as: patina
September 6, 2016 – Shelved as: amazon
September 6, 2016 – Shelved as: september-2016
September 6, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-books
September 6, 2016 – Shelved as: 5-star-2016
September 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)

message 1: by Nanci (new) - added it

Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty Awesome! I added it. You made it sound really good :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Nanci wrote: "Awesome! I added it. You made it sound really good :)"

Thanks, Nanci
I loved it so much! I'm looking forward to more from this author. :)

message 3: by Mo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mo Great review, Amy.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Bailey Yay! Glad you loved it <3

Amy | Foxy Blogs Mo wrote: "Great review, Amy."

Thanks, Mo
I hope you enjoy it when you read it. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Kim B wrote: "Yay! Glad you loved it <3"

Thanks for recommending it to me! It's always good to trust your bestie. ♥ xo

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Wonderful review Amy ❤️

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Great review, Amy! ;)

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Terrific review, Amy! Glad you loved it! :D xoxo

Amy | Foxy Blogs Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ wrote: "Wonderful review Amy ❤️"

Thanks, Deanna ♥ xo

Amy | Foxy Blogs Arianna wrote: "Great review, Amy! ;)"

Amy | Foxy Blogs Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Terrific review, Amy! Glad you loved it! :D xoxo"

Thanks, Maida ♥ xoxo

message 13: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz Fantastic review!!! Looks like I need to check this one out! :D

message 14: by Candace (new)

Candace Fantastic review, Amy! :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Elizabeth wrote: "Fantastic review!!! Looks like I need to check this one out! :D"

Thanks, Elizabeth
I hope you love it too. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Candace wrote: "Fantastic review, Amy! :)"

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth Superb review, Amy! <3 Sounds intriguing!

&#x1f98b;Leanna&#x1f98b; Ohhh I'm going to read this next! As always another awesome review! Thanks Amy!

message 19: by Christy (new)

Christy Fabulous review, Amy! xoxo

maggieandteddy Great review Amy. I'll have to check it out. :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Astrid - ✿ˑ☆ Vanilla & Spice Books ☆ˑ✿ wrote: "Superb review, Amy! <3 Sounds intriguing!"

Awe, thanks Astrid ❤️

Amy | Foxy Blogs Mrs.williams16 wrote: "Ohhh I'm going to read this next! As always another awesome review! Thanks Amy!"

Awe, thank you, Mrs Williams ❤️
When you read it I hope it's a winner for you too :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Christy wrote: "Fabulous review, Amy! xoxo"

Amy | Foxy Blogs maggieandteddy wrote: "Great review Amy. I'll have to check it out. :)"

I also have that never ending TBR list of books. :) My list grows daily. Lol

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review!

message 26: by Kim Ann (last edited Oct 15, 2016 09:11AM) (new)

Kim Ann This looks good Amy. Do you know why it's not available at Amazon ?

maggieandteddy Yeah Kim Ann, I couldn't find it either. Maybe it's being reworked & will be re-released (I hope).

Amy | Foxy Blogs TORI wrote: "Great review!"

Amy | Foxy Blogs Kim Ann wrote: "This looks good Amy. Do you know why it's not available at Amazon ?"

Thanks, Kim Ann

I hoping what Maggie said happens... *fingers crossed*

message 30: by Jen (new)

Jen Fabulous review, Amy! ❤️

Amy | Foxy Blogs Jen wrote: "Fabulous review, Amy! ❤️"

Sorry for the late response. I was checking my reviews and realized GR didn't give me alerts on all my reviews.