Phrynne's Reviews > Shattered

Shattered by Kevin Hearne

I listened to this one on audiobook and it gave me a whole new view of things! I very much enjoyed the narrator's Irish accent, applied in differing degrees for different characters. His interpretation of Atticus was superb. However I did not care for Oberon's speech at all. That was a very small issue though:)
Overall I enjoyed the whole book enormously. The author took a risk in writing from three alternating POVs especially as one of them was running a totally separate story for most of the time. However it worked for me because each story was equally interesting and it never seemed to take long to get back to each one.
There was a marvellous finale featuring almost every fae creature you have ever heard of and a few you have not. And then there was an epilogue setting us up for the next disaster Atticus will have to face .
I seriously hope that at the end of this series the author leaves Atticus and Granuaille and their hounds some place really nice where they can live out their long, long lives happily and in peace. They deserve it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered.

September 6, 2016 – Started Reading
September 6, 2016 – Shelved
September 18, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta I read the first book but have collected the audiobooks for the rest of the series. I'd heard the narration was wonderful, especially Oberon.

Nice review!

Phrynne The narration is brilliant. I just had a different view on how Oberon should sound:) A bit like when they make a movie of your favourite book and choose someone you hate to play the main character!