Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com's Reviews > The Host

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Oh my. Wonderful. I got so attached to the characters and the story was captivating. This is definitely Stephenie's best. I never thought I'd ever say I loved a book more than Twilight.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Host.

March 10, 2008 – Shelved
December 26, 2012 – Shelved as: own-kindle
July 4, 2013 – Shelved as: own-hardback
December 26, 2014 – Shelved as: romance
December 26, 2014 – Shelved as: science-fiction

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* I LOVED this book too! I hear a sequel is to come out.
The ONLY thing that bothered me was Jared & his abusive behavior..

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com I've been hearing about a sequel since this one came out... I wish she'd hurry up and write it before I forget it all!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* That happens to me too! LOL!

Alicia Wood Ohhh a sequel that would be exciting to read.. I love this book as well! Well it would give me an excuse to read the book again lol

Victoria I'm kind of nervous about a sequel. Hopefully all this Twilight hype hasn't changed Stephanie's writing.

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com Vickie, I hadn't thought of that. I mainly worry that Stephenie is happy just making money off the Twilight Saga and all the movies, and doesn't care to continue writing anything else. I'd be reallllllly mad.

Victoria I don't know how you felt about Breaking Dawn, but it was a huge disappointment to me. There was so much hype then the book was a let down. It seemed as I'd she just wrote to have a book. The Host was so good. If there is a sequel, hopefully it doesn't take the same tragic road that Breaking Dawn did.

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com I do agree with you on Breaking Dawn. I got through it really fast because I wanted to know what happened, but it was a major letdown. At the same time, though, I think pretty much anything would have been a letdown. I didn't want the series to end!

Victoria So apparently there are TWO books in the making... The Soul and The Seeker.

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com Yep... but that's just a rumor. Stephenie hasn't really said if she plans to write them, just that if she DID write them those would be the titles.

Juhina I actually agree about getting attached to the characters <3 I pick this book up from time to time just to spend time with the characters i missed so much again <3