Christy's Reviews > Thieves Like Us

Thieves Like Us by Starr Ambrose

Jun 08, 2011

liked it
Read in June, 2011

This is another solid story by Starr Ambrose. I really enjoy how her books are not just about two characters falling in love, but also have some action that brings them together. I really like Janet's character, who had just gotten out of the one of the worst marriage's in history (her ex tried to have her killed by Columbian drug dealers) and is questioning her judgment about men. Although she is attracted to Rocky, the hero, from the beginning of the story it takes her awhile to work through her relationship issues.

I think my one criticism of the story is that Rocky is just too perfect. He's an ex-thief, but he has a fairly good if implausible reason for the actions that landed him in jail, he's cute, he smart - going after his law degree, and he has no hang-ups. I would have liked to see a bit more struggle or over-coming on his part.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thieves Like Us.

Quotes Christy Liked

“You were born rich and influential. You can do rich and influential in jammies and bunny slippers.”
Starr Ambrose, Thieves Like Us

“You know, I always liked that about you, Janet. You think like a criminal.”
Starr Ambrose, Thieves Like Us

“Rocky, if I’ve learned anything from my train wreck of a marriage, it’s that no one can take care of me better than I can.”
Starr Ambrose, Thieves Like Us

“Stop putting yourself in danger. Stop trying to handle everything yourself instead of trusting me to help you.” His gaze wandered, too, lingering on her mouth, her hair, even her breasts, leaving tingling sensations everywhere it touched. Shadows moved along his jaw as muscles tensed. “Stop making me crazy, Janet.”