Kelly (Simply Kelina) C.'s Reviews > Fangirl

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Sep 23, 2016

liked it

Where do I even start! On so many levels I feel this book could have been a 5 star review if certain topics would have been taken out and others expanded on. I actually started this about a week ago and I thought I was going to DNF this. I could not get into it at first and just thought it was blah. However; I decided to pick up from where I left off tonight and I finished it.

This book deals with several issues including mental health issues, substance abuse issues, abandonment issues, college and first love issues, and more. Again, this could have even more powerful if certain areas were more drawn out during the book.

I loved Levi! His character was sweet, charming, and funny. I wish we could have seen more development within the relationship between Levi and Cath.

I will say I took off 1 star for all the Simon and Baz chapters. Even though they were only one page or a few pages within a chapter, these were not necessary in my opinion. I found myself skipping over these sections.

Now what I hated...the ending!!! I took off another star for the ending. Seriously!!!?? Cath turns in her paper for her writing class without us being able to read it all. The new S and B book comes out and that is it. No wrap up on anything else and it was just over. This had so much potential but I found it fell short in the places I wanted more!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fangirl.

September 4, 2016 – Shelved