Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Dream Smashers

Dream Smashers by Angela Carlie

Jun 08, 2011

Ms. Carlie, you can write one wicked book! This book had so much great elements in it that is had me in love with it. I really enjoyed the storyline and the characters.

First off, the storyline. Let me be the first to tell you how much it rocked! It blew my socks off. I loved the feeling of reading this book. It has so much realistic feel to it that you didn't want to finish it. You just wanted to savor every bit that you are reading. The way Ms. Carlie wrote this book it makes the reader feel connected to everything left me speechless. The drama is the book has very nice touches to it. It is all connected to Autumn, who is struggling with many things in her life.

Autumn is such a great character. She is a normal teen, cursed with a bad mother. I love how Autumn really grasped everything about her mother at such a young age. She is not stupid and handled it in such a mature way. I like how the reader sees Autumn grow up in a wonderful young women. She makes mistakes but she quick to learn from them. She is a type of young lady who knows real life. She appreciates what she has and is content with where she is at.

The love interest is just sweet and pure. I love how Evan is a good young man of understanding. His back round in church helped her in what strength she needed. He didn't pity her, but he loved her. He loved her fiercely and did what he had to do for her. I love how he didn't pressure her to go to church or judge her. He simply loved her till she was ready.

Now there was lots of cursing, making out in this book. But without theses elements to describe Autumn's life, the reader might not be able to get the whole picture. Life is not perfect. Autumn's life is not pretty. I recommend an older, mature teenager to read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream Smashers.

June 8, 2011 – Started Reading