Stacey is Sassy's Reviews > Playing By Her Rules

Playing By Her Rules by Amy Andrews

12062194

description

Her Rules were meant to be played with.

Oh my lordy…this book brought back some very fond memories. Way, way back in the day, before I had even laid eyes on hubby, I liked watching Rugby. One of my favourite things to do on a Sunday afternoon was to sit on the hill at Ballymore and watch either Queensland or Australia play. Now, anyone who really knows me may be a wee bit surprised at this. I’m not really known for my love of sports unless it’s to watch a family member play. Back then, my obsession had a little bit more to do with Jason Little and David Wilson…two rugby players that I had a mighty big crush on. Reading Playing By Her Rules brought back all the old memories. It’s all about hot guys with muscles, dripping blood, sweating buckets and playing footy with a footy on the footy field. Aussie’s love their footy.

I’m ashamed to say that this Aussie (me) had never even heard of the FANTABULOUS Aussie author Amy Andrews until recently. What makes it even more shameful…we live about 20 minutes away from each other. THE SHAME!! That’s OK, now that I’ve experienced her talent, there is no way I’ll be able to stop myself from going back and checking out her other stuff.

Playing By Her Rules was bloody good. If you want to read a story with real Aussies, then this is it. It’s not OTT – “Crikey, get another shrimp on the barbie” (THANK GOD!!), but there are a few terms that may stump you. Have no fear…Sassy to the rescue. Here’s a link to a very comprehensive Australian Slang Dictionary - http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian....

Now, onto the story… Matilda and Tanner were high school sweethearts. Things did not end well and they parted ways. Matilda went on to study at Stanford and Tanner became a Rugby Union player. Both of them had followed their dreams but only one of them had managed to move on…somewhat.

Matilda had been devastated by the breakup and never managed to have a successful relationship after her first love. She tried, but she wasn’t willing to risk her heart again and the blokes she did meet, didn’t really compare to her first love. Matilda has been content to focus her energies on work in the hopes she can move on from writing her fashion articles to a becoming a features writer. When her boss puts her in charge of a 6-week feature interviewing her first love, she’s hardly jumping for joy.

Tanner’s life is all about Rugby. He works really hard at it and has managed to have a successful career playing the sport he loves. Tanner does not like doing interviews and doesn't like being in the spotlight unless it's on the footy field. When he finds out that the big bosses are ordering him to do a 6 part interview he is less than happy…until he finds out who will be interviewing him.

Matilda was Tanner’s first and only love. When he sees her for the first time in eight years, all of the feelings he had for her resurface. He wants her back and decides that he’ll do whatever it takes to succeed. Unfortunately, his Tilly is not so keen and makes him work really hard to get past the brick wall around her heart.

I absolutely loved Tanner. At first, he comes across pretty arrogant, but the more you get to know him you realise he is not at all as he seems. Tanner is sweet, generous and thoughtful. Yes, he made a big mistake when he was 18 but he owns up to it and apologises. Matilda is a little bit prickly and very weary of Tanner which I could definitely not blame her for. When Matilda finally lets Tanner past her walls the chemistry between them was extremely hot. It’s pretty obvious that this couple were meant to be together and I loved that both of them needed to make allowances and learn to forgive each other.

If you’re an Aussie, you’ll feel right at home reading Playing By Her Rules. If you have a desire to take a quick trip down under, then this is a great way to see how we really live. This story is sweet, funny and steamy. It made my heart flutter and left me with a big goofy smile on my face. I’m definitely going to be reading more of this series in the future.

To buy Playing By Her Rules from Amazon - http://amzn.to/2c9Efsi

I’m an Aussie chick who loves to read and review romance, drink coffee, be a Style Setter and stalk David Gandy. To see more of my reviews, fashion, food and pervathons -

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing By Her Rules.

September 3, 2016 – Shelved
September 3, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
September 7, 2016 – Started Reading
September 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Lovely review, Stacey!

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ Great review, lovely! :) xx

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Terrific review Stacey xo

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ This is me reading your review :D Terrific job on it :) I haven't read this series yet but I've heard good things about :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

good job

Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog Sounds really good!

Stacey is Sassy Danielle wrote: "Lovely review, Stacey!"

Thanks love. :-) ♥

Stacey is Sassy Arianna wrote: "Great review, lovely! :) xx"

Thank you my lovely. :-) ♥

Stacey is Sassy Jennifer wrote: "Terrific review Stacey xo"

Thanks my lovely. :-) ♥

Stacey is Sassy ✤Maria✤ wrote: "This is me reading your review :D Terrific job on it :) I haven't read this series yet but I've heard good things about :)
"

You're so funny. Thanks love. I can't believe I'd never heard of this author until now. Love finding new authors. :-) ♥

Stacey is Sassy Cynthia wrote: "good job"

Thank you my lovely. :-) ♥

Stacey is Sassy Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog wrote: "Sounds really good!"

Thanks love. I really enjoyed it. :-) ♥

Rachel Reads Ravenously Great review Stacey!

Stacey is Sassy Rachel Reads Ravenously wrote: "Great review Stacey!"

Thank you my lovely. :-) ♥

message 15: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,darling,x

Stacey is Sassy Judith wrote: "Great review,darling,x"

Thanks my lovely. :-) ♥

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Fantastic review, love!! I adore sports romances so that alone makes me want to read this. Sounds like a fun weekend read. Glad you enjoyed! :D xoxox

message 18: by Amy | Foxy Blogs (new)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Terrific review, Stacey! ♥

Stacey is Sassy Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Fantastic review, love!! I adore sports romances so that alone makes me want to read this. Sounds like a fun weekend read. Glad you enjoyed! :D xoxox"

Thank you my lovely. It was a great sports romance and a bit different too because it's set in Sydney. It's reasonably priced too which makes it even more appealing. :-) ♥

Stacey is Sassy Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Terrific review, Stacey! ♥"

Thanks my lovely. :-) ♥

message 21: by Christy (new)

Christy Great review, sweetie! xo

Stacey is Sassy Christy wrote: "Great review, sweetie! xo"

Thank you my lovely. :-) ♥

message 23: by Candace (new)

Candace Fantastic review, Stacey! :)

Stacey is Sassy Candace wrote: "Fantastic review, Stacey! :)"

Thanks Candace, you're very sweet. :-) ♥

Renégade ♥ This story is sweet, funny and steamy. It made my heart flutter and left me with a big goofy smile on my face. I’m definitely going to be reading more of this series in the future.

That sums up my feelings quite nicely too. *grin*

This is my first Amy Andrews book but it certainly won't be my last!

Wonderful review, Stacey :)

Stacey is Sassy Renégade ♥ wrote: "This story is sweet, funny and steamy. It made my heart flutter and left me with a big goofy smile on my face. I’m definitely going to be reading more of this series in the future.

That sums up my..."

Thanks love. I'm so glad you liked it. :-)