Nicole's Reviews > Shadow of a Girl

Shadow of a Girl by Shannon Greenland

bookshelves: favorites, ebooks

First things first: I received this book through NetGalley.

I hate that this book was on my kindle app for so long and I didn't get to read this earlier, cause this book is just so freaking amazing. Damn, I did not expect that at all.

Summary: Use cash and keep moving.

After I ran away from home, these were the two rules that dictated my life. Scoring a job as a roadie fit perfectly for what I needed. Traveling, cash, and life out of the spotlight. But when my path collides with West, the lead singer of Bus Stop, I can’t seem to stay out of his spotlight—especially since we’ll be touring together for an entire year.

West is determined to break down my walls. He won’t give up. And little by little they come crumbling. But if he knew what lurked behind them, he wouldn’t be so eager to get rid of them.

The more time we spend together, the more the lines of our friendship become blurred. He makes me dream of things I never thought possible. But while our friendship has been evolving into a romance, my secrets have been closing in. And just when I’ve decided to reveal my past to West, I’m confronted by it. The cost of my freedom could ruin the life of the guy I love...

Eve. Eve is the main character of the story and she owns my heart. She is that type of character that I just want to hug really close and keep her save from the world. That girl, no matter how many times she tells herself that she is a coward, is one hell of a storng human being. She goes through things no one should go through. And she tries her hardest to get away from things and start over.
I loved every character in the book, well expect Gideon. Let's not talk about that guy. He is just the worst.

I love Eve's relationships with the other characters in the book. Her friendship with Bluma is just the greatest, it just takes a special kind of friend to help you out the way Bluma did. I loved her friendship with Anne (I also loved Anne as a character A LOT. Seriously, she's everything). I also loved the relationship between Eve and West. I loved the pace of their relationship. It didn't feel rushed, it was really nice and ah, JUST LOVE THEM. I also loved West's family, how welcoming they were to Eve.

I don't want to say much about the plot, I don't want to give to much away, cause I went into the story not knowing what the heck I was getting into. And this just ended up blowing my mind. It's dark but it's also beautiful. It'smaking you feel all the emotions and tugging on all the heartstrings. I really recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of a Girl.

September 3, 2016 – Shelved
September 3, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 17, 2017 – Started Reading
March 18, 2017 –
15.0% "This is so different from what I expected, love it so far."
March 19, 2017 –
March 21, 2017 –
March 22, 2017 –
March 22, 2017 –
70.0% "Eve is just that kind of character that I wanna wrap up in a blanket and keep her safe from the cruel world outside."
March 23, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
March 23, 2017 – Shelved as: ebooks
March 23, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Nicole Maddie wrote: "Brilliant review, Nicole xx"

thanks so much