Scott's Reviews > Earth

Earth by Shauna Granger

bookshelves: blog-reviews

Earth by Shauna Granger tells the story of Shayna and her two friends Jodi and Steven. The three friends have some power of the basic elements with Shayna being the most powerful by far. When evidence starts to appear of someone doing some heinous black magic rituals. These rituals coincide with the arrival of a set of twin brothers to their town the friends have to figure out if they are behind the dark magic. The fact that there may be a spark between Shayna and one of the brothers adds another layer to the plot.

All three of the main characters are well developed, with a good dynamic between them. They have a very real relationship with emotional depth and humor. There is a bit of a romantic element to the story, but it didn't strike me as what has become the typical pining misery that is often found in books aimed at a similar age group. That is one of the best things about this book in my opinion. I enjoy young adult books and enjoy the genre, but it is very hard to find something that doesn't having a brooding male part and a pining female character. Very well done book and I will continue to follow this series.

Review copy provided by author.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Earth.

June 7, 2011 – Shelved