Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}'s Reviews > Save My Soul

Jun 07, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011, paranormal-romance, my-ebooks
Read from June 07 to 08, 2011

Reveiwed by Lori @ Romancing the Darkside:

A haunting read you will devour!

After many long years and the death of her father, Anna Worthington has returned to her hometown down South to set her father's affairs in order. After seeing her dream home up for sale, Anna decides to purchase it despite all the rumors of it being haunted. Anna happily moves into her new home and soon starts to realize the town's rumors might not be rumors after all. Her dream house comes with it's own sexy incubus named Luc that has been trapped in the house for over fifty years by an awful curse. Anna is instantly attracted to the smart mouthed Luc but is determined to find a way to get him out of her house and out of her life, in her attempts to "exorcise" the incubus she'll learn it's no mere coincidence she's bought this house. Anna holds the key in breaking Luc's curse but the price for his freedom is something she's not willing to pay.

The beginning of this book was such a surprise! I don't scare easily but I must admit I wanted to sleep with the nightlight on after reading the first few chapters of this book, luckily it got less creepy the more I read and I was able to sleep with the lights out (haha). That being said, I found this to be an intriguing read. I want to say this is my first paranormal romance with an incubus and I found the concept very original. The author's writing style of mixing humor and mystery pulls you in and keeps your interest until the final page.

Anna and Luc are fun and lovable characters. The sexual tension between these two is first class! The slow build of their relationship gives you a better look inside the characters and their emotions. I loved that Anna isn't a "loner" heroine and has a best friend that sticks by her in good times and bad. The secondary characters are just as entertaining and add a little spice to the plot. There are plenty of twists and turns that keep you engaged and reveal a climactic ending!

Save My Soul is a heartwarming love story with memorable characters that is brilliantly written. I love a book with an unpredictable ending and this was just that. It's a top notch paranormal romance with the best of elements: mystery, steamy romance and great humor! A must-read in my book, trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Although second in the series, Save My Soul can be read as a stand-alone without a problem.

*Ebook courtesy of author for Bookish Snob Promotions blog tour.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Save My Soul.