Sarah Eiseman's Reviews > Because You're Mine

Because You're Mine by Lisa Kleypas

Jun 07, 2011

Read in July, 2011

I’m still going on the Lisa Kleypas kick. I think this is the second book in a historical series by Kleypas, but to be honest these books are fine as stand alone reads.

Lady Madeline Matthews, the youngest of the Matthews girls, is betrothed to a dirty old man. Destined to live her life either as his wife or ruin herself and live her life as a spinster, Maddie decides to get out of dodge and make herself unmarriagable. Her target? Logan Scott, a famous actor in London. Lying her way into his theater company, Maddie quickly makes allies of both Logan’s co-owner, Julia, and a friend of Julia’s. These two help Maddie to make her plan a reality, although they don’t know all the sordid details of the plot.

Maddie is an interesting character to me. She has a lot of heart and obviously wears her heart on her sleeve. I found it odd that Logan would be attracted to her, because she seemed much too naive, but perhaps that’s the joy of fiction. You don’t need to be realistic sometimes. Overall, the writing was good and the plot was interesting. A nice, quick read if you are looking for something for the beach or to kick back and relax.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Because You're Mine.