Emma's Reviews > Ragdoll

Ragdoll by Daniel Cole

28602001

bookshelves: netgalley
Read 2 times. Last read June 13, 2019.

Rereading this and Hangman because they’re gory and hilarious and so I can go into Endgame remembering all the details...

*****

This is one of those books you see all over social media with glowing reviews and all the stars.

I have to say that they're right. Gory, inventive deaths that very much reminded me of Chris Carter, with a clever plot, and some properly 's**t this could go either way moments', this book deserves a HUGE audience. I loved the way it took turns I wasn't expecting and the last 10% was tense enough to bring on heart palpitations.

This better be the first in a series Daniel Cole, I want to see Wolf again soon!

ARC via Netgalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ragdoll.

September 1, 2016 – Started Reading
September 2, 2016 – Shelved
September 2, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
September 2, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 13, 2019 – Started Reading
June 13, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Louise I had to stop reading your review a few sentences in...just got this and don'twant to know too much. :)

Emma Louise wrote: "I had to stop reading your review a few sentences in...just got this and don'twant to know too much. :)"

Sorry Louise!! I promise that all I was trying to say was READ IT. No spoilers was the aim, so let me know what you think I need to take out...! :-)

Louise Ha no, I didn't mean there were spoilers. I like to go in blind. It's obviously attracted me enough to request the book,but other than that... I know nothing. And i have memory like a sieve so have mostly forgotten why I requested it.
Next on my list i think. :)

Emma Louise wrote: "Ha no, I didn't mean there were spoilers. I like to go in blind. It's obviously attracted me enough to request the book,but other than that... I know nothing. And i have memory like a sieve so have..."

Phew, didn't want to ruin it! Ill be looking for your review...!!

message 5: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Great review Emma.

message 6: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela DeSilva Good to know it reminds you of Chris Carter, I love his books and I am sure I'd like this one too. Thanks for the review.

Emma Angela wrote: "Good to know it reminds you of Chris Carter, I love his books and I am sure I'd like this one too. Thanks for the review."

Some of the deaths are pretty awful. Though nothing compares to Carter's use of the sander....

Emma Maureen wrote: "Great review Emma."

It's kinda more of a READ THIS NOW rant than a review...!!

message 9: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami I LOVE Chris Carter book, so when I saw this review I immediately needed to add this to my TBR. Thanks for the review!

message 10: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Ami wrote: "I LOVE Chris Carter book, so when I saw this review I immediately needed to add this to my TBR. Thanks for the review!"

This definitely reminded me of early Carter, some imaginative deaths!! I think this author could be heading in the same direction.... Hope you like it, I'll watch out for your review.

message 11: by ijeoma Agbaje (new)

ijeoma Agbaje This is good. I usually turn my nose up at these sort of books cos they all just seem so similar. Good to know this works.

message 12: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma ijeoma Agbaje wrote: "This is good. I usually turn my nose up at these sort of books cos they all just seem so similar. Good to know this works."

Honestly, the series steps over the line in to a bit far fetched at times, especially book 2, but it’s all just so fun. And really funny. The characters are interesting and the plot doesn’t go quite where you think it will. It ticks all the boxes for me.

Amanda I've read the first one and got the second one to read so you've encouraged me to have a go at it soon.