Melanie's Reviews > The Assassin and the Healer

The Assassin and the Healer by Sarah J. Maas

it was ok
bookshelves: fae, fantasy, novellas-and-short-stories, read-in-2016, romance, signed, young-adult

#0.1) The Assassin and the Pirate Lord ★★★
#1.) Throne of Glass ★★★
#2.) Crown of Midnight ★★★★
#3.) Heir of Fire ★★
#4.) Queen of Shadows ★★

This was the novella that felt a little pointless to me. Because of Celaena's actions in The Assassin and the Pirate Lord, she is sent away on a punishment mission. While waiting for a boat to take her to her punishment, she is staying at the White Pig Inn, where she meets a very unique and kindhearted girl named Yrene.

I really liked Yrene, and the little bit of her back-story that we received, but this novella just completely felt like filler for me. Maybe we will see Yrene in this series eventually, and then this story will be a lot more meaningful, but as it stands, this story felt the weakest in this bind-up.

Blog | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | Youtube | Twitch

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin and the Healer.

September 1, 2016 – Started Reading
September 1, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
September 1, 2016 – Shelved as: signed
September 1, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
September 1, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* A very erratic series by the look of your ratings.

message 2: by Kanna (new)

Kanna Brandon Yrene is seen countless times in the 6th book release, Tower of Dawn.

Heather I was surprised when I realised that the sixth book was gonna be based on yrene (the healer) from this novella