Arabella ~♡AB♡~'s Reviews > Vicious

Vicious by L.J. Shen

★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

It's no secret that I love to read about the super mean boys, and so when I realised that this book was about a hero with the nickname 'Vicious', I had high hopes that LJ Shen would deliver a fantastic enemies-to-lovers read that would tick all the boxes in what has to be one of my top themes.

For me, this one had it all, it starts off at High School, and finishes years later when they are both adults. Emilia is the daughter of the hired help, and Baron ‘Vicious’ Spencer is the boy who, whilst his uninterested parents are not often around, rules both the large mansion they live in, and the local school where he and his friends 'The Four Hotholes' roam free.

He hates Emilia on sight, and isn't shy about showing it. However, they are both hugely attracted to each other, and there lies the story.

"I got to him. He was in my veins.
But I’d managed to crawl under his skin."

Vicious is entitled, and angry, and troubled, but is he redeemable? Well, whilst his character stayed very true throughout the book, I'd definitely say that he was. In addition, Emilia was a great heroine, she had a backbone (mostly), and a personality that made her stand out from other leading ladies that feature in many love/hate themed books.

In summary, the chemistry was off the charts, the character development was perfect, and pacing was fast enough to keep me turning the pages, and the hero was just the right amount of bastard that I love.

"You were always mine."

Whilst I technically read this in the last week of December, I am putting this straight on my Top 10 of 2017 shelf.

Huge Winner!

ARC gratefully received

Images featured in this review were created by me using stock images either purchased from deposit photo or from free stock sites.

facebook twitter [image error]wp google+ instagram pinterest

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vicious.

September 1, 2016 – Shelved
December 24, 2016 – Shelved as: second-chance-love
December 24, 2016 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-top-10-favourites-shelf
January 5, 2018 – Shelved as: arsehole-heroes-we-love

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

Jan  Yay! A OMG winner!!! :D
Merry Xmas, AB :))

message 2: by Saunders (new) - added it

Saunders WAHEYY!!

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Jan wrote: "Yay! A OMG winner!!! :D
Merry Xmas, AB :))"

Merry Christmas, dear Jan xx

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Saunders wrote: "WAHEYY!!"

Woot Woot!

message 5: by Saunders (new) - added it

Saunders Happy christmas AB xx

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Same here Arabella! I could not put it down (but sadly I had to with Xmas...).

message 7: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo Fab review AB.

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Awesome review, woman! xx

message 9: by FMABookReviews (new)

FMABookReviews Gah, I think I need to read this! Great review, friend!

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ thanks, lovely ladies x

~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~ I loved the fact Vicious stayed true to who he is ^^ Fantastic review Arabella :)

message 12: by ♥Sharon♥ (new)

♥Sharon♥ Wonderful review Arabella!

Shanny Yes huge winner. Fantastic review AB ❤

Coco.V Fab review, sweets! :) xx

Jennifer Kyle Kick Ass review AB!! xx

Amy | Foxy Blogs Awesome review. ❤️
I bought this book because everyone loves it. Excited to read it.

Rachel Reads Ravenously Fantastic review AB! You know I read this book because of you and Jennifer!!!! lol

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Awesome review, Arabella!! ♡ I am reading this now, and I am a big fan of the mean ones! :D

Cyndi Garcia Great review!!!

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Thanks everyone :D

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ wrote: "Awesome review, Arabella!! ♡ I am reading this now, and I am a big fan of the mean ones! :D"

My favourite too

Elizabeth Great review, Arabella!!! :)

Mirjam Fab review, Araballa! :D

Aisling Zena Awesome review Arabella! It was a fantastic book! :) xx

message 25: by Set (new) - rated it 4 stars

Set I really enjoy your reviews. =]

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ Set wrote: "I really enjoy your reviews. =]"

Thank you, very happy to hear that :)