Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Wake a Sleeping Tiger

Wake a Sleeping Tiger by Lora Leigh

Man may believe he created them, but a much higher power breathed life into them, and that power is refining them and redefining them, daily.” - Quote from the book.

Wake A Sleeping Tiger is book twenty two in the Breeds series by Lora Leigh. Now you can read the books as stand alone, but their is also a main plot-line that continues in each book even though we focus on one breed and his/her mate.

I had some trouble when I started this novel. It had been sometime since I read a book in the Breeds series and so, I was a bit lost, until I got farther along and things started to come back to me.

Theirs tension, suspense, action and a whole lot of sexy Breeds. I really loved the journal entries of Dr. Ambrose, Geneticist, Genetic Theorist and the journal entries by Graem, Cullen’s brother, on the Recessive Breeds. They added a fun element. The story stays focused on the romance between Cullen and Chelsea, as well as her work and the related story of the Cerves.

Cullen and Chelsea made a wonderful pair. Their romance is hot and full of sexual tension. Cullen wants Chelsea around, but won’t move on his feelings and keeps holder her back in the Law Enforcement Agency. Well, Chelsea has had enough and leaves. A Breed even if Recessive will not let the women that is his go. I liked that Chelsea was open from the beginning. She shared her fears over the mating and didn’t fight him about it. Cullen on the other hand didn’t share and that is a bit frustrating, thou we do get his inner thoughts, so the reader understands his fears and concerns.

This series and the novels are full of sexy times. The author does a great job working them into the story, so they flow with everything else and aren’t just sex scene after sex scene. As for the Breeds, when they find their mate nothing will stop them from showering her in Breed Heat.

Last, I was blown away at the twist at the end. OMG. I’ve been in love with Cassie from the moment she hit the pages in Elizabeth’s Wolf as a child then, but now she’s an adult and to have that twist, just blew me. I didn’t see it coming. Great job on the author hiding it until the very last moment.

Overall, Wake A Sleeping Tiger was a delightful read.

Rated: 4 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wake a Sleeping Tiger.

August 31, 2016 – Shelved
March 16, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 30, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
March 30, 2019 – Shelved as: fav-erotic-books
March 30, 2019 – Shelved as: 4-stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Angela!💖💋

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Fabulous review Angela!💖💋"

Thank's!