Lauren's Reviews > The Complete Tightwad Gazette

The Complete Tightwad  Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn

F 50x66
Jun 07, 2011

This is a book that I finally bought after checking it out from the library at least 10 times. I LOVE this book. Some money-saving tips may seem extreme or out-dated, but it got me thinking outside the box. It has changed the way I think about spending. I always had trouble putting it down. It gets you thinking back to the way your grandma probably thought about self reliance. The author's tone is a bit condescending and guilt-provoking at times, but if you can take it with a grain of salt and simply choose a few things here and there to improve your spending habits without letting yourself feel too guilty about the rest, you will enjoy it. If anything, it was a fascinating peek into an interesting personality and the lives of a family that made little money and still lived the American dream--big house, large family, everything they needed and most of what they really wanted. Also great recipes, cleaning and organization tips, etc., many of which have become staples in my family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Tightwad Gazette.