Dove's Reviews > Hero High: Figure In The Flames

Hero High by Mina Chara

Aug 31, 2016

Thank you Mina Chara for sending me an early copy of this book to review! I received this book in exchange for an honest review. The author has asked me not to post my thoughts just yet, because she'd like it to remain a secret until the book is published. However, if anyone is looking for a book to be excited for- it's this!!!! I really loved this book, and it surprised me. It was way better than I had envisioned. Fans of the Selection and Vindico should eagerly await this fantastic "superhero life meets reality TV" novel. I just couldn't put this book down. Now... I have said too much. Just be sure to pick up this book when it releases in October!! (I will post my full review after it's released)

****UPDATE: now that the book has released, the author has allowed me to post a proper review. So, my opinion stays the same. This book has unique characters and a unique plot line. It's like nothing you have ever read before. Even if you aren't a fan of superheroes like me or YA, this book will blow you away. There are so many levels and so many concepts mixed in. There's hunger games, the selection, vindico, and hints of red queen all mixed into this wonderful novel. The main character is realistic and you'll easily fall in love with her, making you want to read more. She has anger issues and is impulsive. Then there's a mysterious guy who she hates at first but then it blossoms into something else. A best friend with a double identity. A strict guy who ends up being like a father figure. There's just so much involved in this book- there's no way you wouldn't like it. Then there's the overshadowing storyline of some figure in the flames that they must find. There's a huge plot twist when you find out who it is! it's just spectacular! I highly recommend it to everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hero High.

August 31, 2016 – Shelved