Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Max

Max by Sawyer Bennett

Aug 31, 2016

description

Max Fournier is the league's most eligible bachelor and the starting goalie for the Cold Fury hockey team. Max is a romantic at heart, and meaningless sex holds no appeal for him. When he lays eyes on the beautiful Julianne Bradley, Max knows she is something special.

Julianne Bradley is working two jobs to take care of her niece and nephews. She doesn't have time for sleep, let alone a 6´5 famous goalie. But Max isn't about to give up and soon he holds Jule's heart right in his goalie mit. But Max is a celebrity, and with that comes a spotlight that brings more chaos to Jule's already overflowing life.

description

Sports romances are a little iffy for me because they usually involve a ton of OW drama or (as in this case) puck bunnies. Luckily this book was delightfully free of such shenanigans.

Max was a wonderful non-manwhore goalie (and lord knows I have a thing for goalies *cough PETR MRÁZEK cough*) He was sweet and all in from the minute he sees Jules. Jules, on the other hand, got on my nerves a little with her attitude, especially near the end. I found her actions were a bit contradictory to the way she was portrayed for most of the book. Since this was a pretty easy and very low angst type of relationship, it felt like it was just added in to create a little drama before the HEA ending.

That aside, I did really enjoy this one. (I LOVED the little Canadian connection. LOVE me some tourtiere.) This was a breath of fresh air in the piles of manwhore sports heroes we have in the romance genre. If you are looking for a low angst, romantic, easy peasy read then this would be right up your alley.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Max.

August 31, 2016 – Shelved
August 31, 2016 – Shelved as: arc-to-review
September 12, 2016 – Shelved as: dec-arcs-to-review
December 1, 2016 – Started Reading
December 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Come to me you little ARCY goodness!!

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Enjoy!!! Will be waiting to hear your thoughts on this one :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) ✤Maria✤ wrote: "Enjoy!!! Will be waiting to hear your thoughts on this one :)"

Thanks Darling! It isn't being published until December, so it will be awhile before I tackle it. I'll drop you a line when I do though. :D

♥ WishfulMiss ♥ Lol Enjoy :) I am loving this cover by the way!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) ♥ WishfulMiss ♥ wrote: "Lol Enjoy :) I am loving this cover by the way!"

The dude is hot for sure! I have a mad crush on the goaltender for the Red Wings, so I am going to TOTALLY picture him whilst I read this one...*lol*

message 6: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*) I got this one too! Can't wait, I love Sawyer Bennett

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Julie (*Happily Ever Chapter*) wrote: "I got this one too! Can't wait, I love Sawyer Bennett"

Yay!! :D

message 8: by Bev (new) - added it

Bev Enjoy, you lucky girl.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Bev wrote: "Enjoy, you lucky girl."

Thanks Darling! :D This Canadian girl is ALL about the Hockey players...*lol*

Irene ENJOY!!!! I'm loving it Eve <3

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Irene wrote: "ENJOY!!!! I'm loving it Eve <3"

Irene Eve wrote: "Irene wrote: "ENJOY!!!! I'm loving it Eve

Yay! I am going to try and hold off until it's closer to the pub date. TRY being the operative word there...*lol*"

LOL!! I'm soooo weak I couldn't wait to start! Good luck, Eve <3

message 13: by JewelsyGoolsy (new)

JewelsyGoolsy Hello sexy dude in the middle. Oh look, I'm drooling

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Hello sexy dude in the middle. Oh look, I'm drooling"

*lol* He is drool worthy. That's the goalie for the Detroit Red Wings!

message 15: by JewelsyGoolsy (new)

JewelsyGoolsy Eve wrote: "JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Hello sexy dude in the middle. Oh look, I'm drooling"

*lol* He is drool worthy. That's the goalie for the Detroit Red Wings!"

I'm from Australia so don't have a clue about hockey. But if I have to go to Detroit and pretend I am a huge hockey fan, I'll sign up for that!!!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Eve wrote: "JewelsyGoolsy wrote: "Hello sexy dude in the middle. Oh look, I'm drooling"

*lol* He is drool worthy. That's the goalie for the Detroit Red Wings!"

I'm from Australia so don't have a ..."

*lol* I'll show you the ropes!

message 17: by Eyvette (new) - added it

Eyvette Abreu I hope you enjoy it when you get to it :)

And I'm an NFL, NBA, and MLB girl lol and don't know anything about hockey. I went to a few Panthers games when I lived in FL and remember a lot of fighting LOL

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "I hope you enjoy it when you get to it :)

Well they do fight, though not as much as they use to that's for sure! I'm a sports fan in general. I am always telling my husband I am a dude wrapped up in a chick's body...*lol*

message 19: by Eyvette (new) - added it

Eyvette Abreu LOL!

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Enjoy Babe :) x

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Alicia wrote: "Enjoy Babe :) x"

Thanks! :D

message 22: by Coco.V (new) - added it

Coco.V Enjoy, sweetie! :) xx

message 23: by Janie (new) - added it

Janie Fab review sweets!! Sounds like a good one. I'm leery of sports romances sometimes too.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Janie wrote: "Fab review sweets!! Sounds like a good one. I'm leery of sports romances sometimes too."

Ya, they usally are full of manwhores and OW drama. This wasn't though.

message 25: by Selene (new)

Selene Lovely review, Eve!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Selene wrote: "Lovely review, Eve!"

Thanks You! :D

message 27: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Lovely review, Eve!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Danielle wrote: "Lovely review, Eve!"

Thank you! :D

Nicola Great review, Eve. Totally agree :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Nicola wrote: "Great review, Eve. Totally agree :)"

Thanks Darling! :D

GimmeAllTheWerdssss Great review! After Hawke we need a hero who isn't a manwhore!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) I haven't read HAWKE. But his and Vales relationship is happening at the same time as this book.

GimmeAllTheWerdssss Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "I haven't read HAWKE. But his and Vales relationship is happening at the same time as this book."

Personally, Hawke was the worse book in this series - and thats a lot considering what a dick Zach was. Him and Val have a shared past which isn't pretty but I could get over it as it was a second chance. I almost bowed out when he introduced her to one of his frequent hook ups and got mad that she was upset. I finished but it felt very unsatisfying.
Max..I like him when was introduced and I'm glad he got a book :-)

message 34: by Elle's Book Blog (new)

Elle's Book Blog Lovely review, sweets!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) ReadingisMyEscape wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "I haven't read HAWKE. But his and Vales relationship is happening at the same time as this book."

Personally, Hawke was the worse book in this series -..."

He was a bit of a dick in this book IMO as well. So I won't be reading his book for sure! *lol*

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦ wrote: "Lovely review, sweets!"

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Terrific review, Eve dear!! xx

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Another great review <3

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Jenny wrote: "Terrific review, Eve dear!! xx"

Thanks Darling! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ wrote: "Another great review <3"

Thanks Babe! :D

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Great review, Eve xx

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ wrote: "Great review, Eve xx"

message 43: by Jan (new)

Jan  Fabulous review, Eve!
Glad it was a hit :)) xo

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Jan wrote: "Fabulous review, Eve!
Glad it was a hit :)) xo"

message 45: by Eyvette (new) - added it

Eyvette Abreu Fantastic Review Eve :) I have only read the first one in this series and didn't like it. This one sounds good though.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "Fantastic Review Eve :) I have only read the first one in this series and didn't like it. This one sounds good though."

It was really good! Very low agnst. :D

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ Great review, darling! ;)

message 48: by Kaleigh (new)

Kaleigh ❤️ Fab review, sweetie! ❤️

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ wrote: "Great review, darling! ;)"

Thanks Darling! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kaleigh wrote: "Fab review, sweetie! ❤️"

« previous 1