Amanda tms's Reviews > New Blood

New Blood by Lorna Peel

I received this book as an arc in exchange for an honest review. I must admit, I hadn't heard of the author before and my expectations of the book were pretty low. I had no idea that I would be sucked in and completely absorbed with it for two days until I finished it! I fell in love with the characters flaws and all!

Sophia moved to the area to be closer to her mother who is sick, and gets a job working at an old manor as a tour guide. Thomas Heaton is the lord of the manor but his character goes against every lord of the manor stereotype I have read. He is shy and seems to have a low self esteem. Usually in books I like when men are confident, (border line cocky), and are the aggressors. Thomas wasn't like that, but it was refreshing how his character was portrayed. It felt very real and extremely lovable. I swooned (yes, swooned) at how he showed his love. There is quite a bit of suspense which I enjoyed, but it doesn't over do it. I also appreciated that there was a lack of angst on the part of the heroine, which was also refreshing. I found this book to be a great read. The author really drew me in and is an amazing story teller. I will look forward to reading the rest of her works!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Blood.

August 30, 2016 – Started Reading