Carrie's Reviews > Naming the Stars

Naming the Stars by Susan Koefod

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley

Mary-Louise one morning finds her entire family seems to be ignoring her. Taking a look around the house there's no evidence of her ever being even in the family but it's really disturbing to talk directly to her parents and them act like she doesn't even exist.

Not knowing what to do Mary-Louise finds herself at the police station but even gets ignored by the policeman on duty. Soon though Mary-Louise runs into a boy name Fish who seems to be the only one who can actually see her. The thing is though Fish doesn't see what Mary-Louise should look like but says Mary-Louise looks exactly like a hundred year old photograph of a lady named Pearl.

Naming the Stars is an interesting young adult story of someone seeming to disappear from their own life but watching everyone else they know continue on as if they were never there. I had some high hopes for this one but found it fell a bit short.

The thing is with this book the story starts off rather well taking the reader to places you just might not expect. I wasn't quite sure where it was going and was quite surprised and enjoying it for a while but somewhere it just kind of fizzled out for me. I found that it seemed for me it became somewhat muddled and confusing in the middle then rushed off to an ending.

Overall, some nice creativity and interesting ideas but it lost it's pace for me towards the middle, not bad but I would have preferred it kept the same creative flow from the start of the story.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naming the Stars.

August 30, 2016 – Shelved