The Book Junkie Reads . . .'s Reviews > Beyond Your Touch

Beyond Your Touch by Pat Esden

Mystery, suspense, intrigue, romance, deception, misdirection, illusions, and a bit of confusion. I did not read book one and must admit to having a few questions on things here and there.

I found the scenery vividly described and the characters scope wide. The relationship between Chase and Annie had deep connection. With the introduction of a new female more dynamic undertones the paranormal aspects picks up and intensify. Annie for me shows her strength, courage, and establishes her resolve. She did allow for doubts to linger for a long period of time. She took charge and did what she had to do. Her focus needed to be on the task at hand. Complications of a relationship and the added jealousy and twist was not needed.

I found much to enjoy about this read but felt that I did need to have book one under my belt before tackling this one. I felt like I missed a chapter or two. Walking in on the act was not endearing but did allow for me to find a series to follow more after attaining book one. I look forward to book three but I do recommend reading book one before jumping in to book two. You just don't know what doors were open before and need to be closed or opened again.
**This ARC was provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond Your Touch.

June 26, 2016 – Started Reading