Jen's Reviews > Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Mar 10, 2008

liked it
Read in March, 2008

I was really interested in reading this because I love a good series. This one has so many books in the series that I thought it would be fun to pick up. It was just okay. Nothing fantastic, but easy to get lost in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Shopaholic.

08/02/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Typicalquirk (new)

Typicalquirk I agree about them just being okay. I read the first book years ago but just picked up Shopaholic Ties the Knot and I found myself getting really frustrated with Rebbecca, and not overly attached to Luke. I found him one-dimensional. But have you noticed that the bookstores in Japan all basically have the same books? I was running out of ideas! I wasn't really here loing enough to justify buying online. Lipstick Jungle was pretty good if you like Candace Bushnell and haven't read it yet.

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen You're right about having the same books. I was in Singapore this weekend, though, and they had a HUGE selection. Very expensive, but huge selection! I've been wondering if Lipstick Jungle was any good or not. I started watching the TV show on our American cable (thanks heavens for Slingbox). The TV show is okay, but a lot of times the book is SO much better than the movie or TV show that is adapted after it.

message 3: by Typicalquirk (new)

Typicalquirk I have seen the TV show too, and the book was definitely edgier and had a more feminist approach. It was also extremely different. I have a hard time relating to Wendy or Nico, because in the book they both are married with kids. So I find I have a lot more in common with Victory (unfortunately including the flakiness). It wasn't perfect but I thought it was better than the Kinsella novels.