Catalina Juarez's Reviews > Amaryllis in Blueberry

Amaryllis in Blueberry by Christina Meldrum

Jun 06, 2011

Just when I thought the book would end up predictable it would turn a corner surprising me. This broken family had me gaping my mouth every now and then at some of the things that the characters would get themselves into. It's a good read for groups as it provides plenty of fodder for a great discussion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amaryllis in Blueberry.

June 6, 2011 – Started Reading
June 6, 2011 – Shelved
June 6, 2011 –
page 3
0.78% "Can't wait to start reading this book! Although I am a little confused with a beginning that states "The End"."
December 12, 2011 –
page 53
13.8% "Yllis is a very observant young lady."
December 12, 2011 –
page 97
December 22, 2011 –
page 163
42.45% "This family needs help on so many levels."
December 28, 2011 –
page 384
100.0% "The parents' selfishness is incredibly strong. I don't believe Seena will change much after their experience. Q. #19: Clara's role in the novel? She's not part of the Slepy family, yet she still has a voice in the novel. Why? To me, Clara is a symbol of what happens when a person never learns from their mistakes. They keep making those same mistakes over & over. She's also the catalyst to Dick's misfortune."
January 7, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Deb (new) - added it

Deb It sounds quite interesting! I've added to my "to read" list ... which grows faster than I can keep up with it!

Catalina Juarez It has a great start! I only wish I had the time to finish reading it. Enjoy!