FMABookReviews's Reviews > Rookie Move

Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen

bookshelves: arc, sarina-bowen, 4-it-quenched-my-addiction-stars

4.5 Stars!
❝You and I don't have one-night stands. We have forever night stands.❞

Rookie Move was so good! I couldn't help the smile that kept spreading on my face as I read. I love Sarina's voice. Her writing is spell-binding, her characters are exquisite and her stories are engaging.

Georgia "Gigi" Worthington and Leonardo "Leo" Trevi were high school sweethearts. They were completely and wholly in love. Their relationship was full of passion and tenderness. They were inseparable.

Georgia's dad was a hockey coach, who took Leo under his wing, mentoring him. Likewise, Georgia had a wonderful relationship with Leo's family. Where Georgia's home was quiet, Leo's was loud and boisterous and overflowing with love.

They had everything going for them.

Until one night when Georgia's life was turned upside down and even though Leo was wonderfully supportive, Georgia couldn't handle the change in their relationship. So, she dumped him.

Six years later, getting his big chance, Leo is traded to the Brooklyn Bruisers, where Georgia is the interim head PR person, and her dad is the head coach.

With Leo around all the time, Georgia can't stop thinking about him, wanting him. The passion they had as teenagers is resurfacing and she's freaked out! But the same determination that got him to the NHL will be what gets him Georgia. He isn't giving up.
❝You're mine, Georgia Worthington ... I spent six years trying to get over you, and it didn't take. Our time is now.❞

There are a lot of things working against them; her job that she wants to keep, their past lack of communication that has kept them apart for 6 years, and her dad who is holding a grudge against Leo. With the deadline for the trade coming, Coach Worthington wants Leo off the team and away from his daughter.

I appreciated that Georgia is strong despite what happened in her past. I loved her determination and her wit. And Leo, GAH! He was perfect!! He is heart-meltingly good. Leo is a superstar on the ice and off. He is passionate, strong and sexy.

Can we just take a moment and discuss the awesomeness that is Becca? She works as the owners assistant and is Georgia's best friend and roommate. I LOVE this girl! She meddles in the perfect way. She knows what Georgia wants even though Georgia isn't ready to face it.
Becca snapped her fingers, ❝Stay with me, babe. Don't let the hottie who stole your virginity send you into Zombieland.❞

This is only the third book I've read from Sarina Bowen, but I am a huge fan. Rookie Move is a second-chance romance that will have you falling in love with love!

An ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review and did not influence my opinion of the book.

about me logo social_facebook_2x-cc59f12f4ab0551091a3a29deb45b3f1  social_twitter_2x-052a9e6a0bd59868c962adf399a55288  social_instagram_2x-843370a281412abe747151cf325a87f0  social_pinterest_2x-9d3478db114852e246866f524f395fc6  limav-flat-gradient-social-amazon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rookie Move.

August 29, 2016 – Started Reading
August 29, 2016 – Shelved
August 29, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
August 29, 2016 – Shelved as: sarina-bowen
August 30, 2016 –
20.0% " "...it was hard to think of this pad as home when it was obvious that Brooklyn was still trying to eject him." \n\n"
August 31, 2016 – Finished Reading
September 1, 2016 – Shelved as: 4-it-quenched-my-addiction-stars

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog Is it weird I haven't read any of Sarina Bowen's books before? Second chance romance ahhh! I want to read this! Great review! xx

FMABookReviews Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog wrote: "Is it weird I haven't read any of Sarina Bowen's books before? Second chance romance ahhh! I want to read this! Great review! xx"

I hope not, because I say this to my friends all the time! LOL There are so many authors out there, it's hard to read them all.

I have read the first two books in her True North series Bittersweet (True North, #1) by Sarina Bowen and Steadfast (True North, #2) by Sarina Bowen. Steadfast is one of my faves of the year!

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Terrific review, dear!

FMABookReviews ✤Maria✤ wrote: "Terrific review, dear!
"

Thanks so much, Maria! xo

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read** Fabulous review, hon! I need to read more Sarina Bowen books!

FMABookReviews Thank you, Mirjiana! She's awesome!

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» FAB review, hon!! I love Sarina's easy-flow writing and her heroes. Can't wait to read this and 'meet' Leo. So happy you enjoyed! :D xoxox

FMABookReviews Thank you Maida! I think you will enjoy this one!

FMABookReviews Nancy wrote: "Can't wait to read this! This will also be my third book from her. Terrific review!"

YAY! I hope you love it! xoxo Thank you!

Stacey is Sassy Awesome review my lovely. I loved this one too. :-) ♥

FMABookReviews Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Awesome review my lovely. I loved this one too. :-) ♥"

Stacey is Sassy FMABookReviews wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Awesome review my lovely. I loved this one too. :-) ♥"

Thank you, Stacey! xo I can't wait to read about O'Doul, I love me a broody Hero!!"

Yeppers. :-) ♥

Christie«SHBBblogger» This is my third book by her too! Love your review, I couldn't agree more. xoxo

Eliza Sarina does no wrong in my eyes! Fantastic review, Angela! Love your graphic! xo

message 15: by Jen (last edited Sep 02, 2016 10:18PM) (new)

Jen Wonderful review, Angela! ❤️

FMABookReviews Christie«SHBBblogger» wrote: "This is my third book by her too! Love your review, I couldn't agree more. xoxo"

Thank you, Christie! I can't wait for the next one :)

FMABookReviews Eliza wrote: "Sarina does no wrong in my eyes! Fantastic review, Angela! Love your graphic! xo"

Yep! Glad I took the chance with the True North series. She's a oneclick author for me now! Thanks! xoxo

FMABookReviews Jen wrote: "Wonderful review, Angela! ❤️"

Thank you, Jen! xo

message 19: by Amy | Foxy Blogs (new)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Terrific review, FMA. ♥
I haven't read anything by this author, yet. :)

FMABookReviews Thank you, Amy ! I think you would love her. I have read the first two books in her True North series, my favorite was Steadfast. Everyone loves her The Ivy Years, series. I have those on my Kindle.

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Great review, Angela!