Sam Lewis's Reviews > Balance

Balance by Lucia Franco

Aug 28, 2016

I received an ARC of Balance by Lucia Franco in exchange for an honest review. This review is for The Sweet Spot Sisterhood Blog. Read with caution as this review contains spoilers.

OH...MY...GOD! Never in all my years as an avid reader have I ever anticipate the release of a book like I have for Balance. I know this book has been in the works since 2014, but I only learned of it about 9 months ago. I relished any updates. Finally, a few days ago just before midnight this gem appeared on my kindle. It did not disappoint. Lucia Franco took the time to do her research. Her passion for gymnastics shines through the whole book.

Balance, book 1 in the Off Balance Series by Lucia Franco is as riveting as is is wrong. It is a forbidden romance and so wrong has never felt so right! Balance is the story of Adrianna Rossi a gymnast with Olympic dreams and Konstantin Kournakova (aka Kova) her new gymnastics coach. She is 15 and he is 32. Yeah, you read that right. Not only is it morally wrong, it's illegal too. It pushes boundaries and might make you uncomfortable, but that is what all great books do. I absolutely loved it.

Adrianna feels like she is an outsider when she joins World Cup Gymnastics. Reagan the "It Girl" sees Adrianna as a threat, especially for Coach Kova's attention. She is in a new town and living all on her own. The only person that truly befriends her is Hayden, a member of the men's team. They become close, there is an attraction, but they remain friends. Kova sees him as competition.

"Desire can be deadly, temptation can be toxic." As hard as Kova tries he just cannot fight the attraction. He knows it is wrong. After several slip, desire and temptation get the best of Ria (Kova's nickname for Adrianna) and Kova and the forbidden affair begins with innocent touches. Kova internally struggles with how right it feels with how wrong he knows it is. Kova is so hot and cold, it is a wonder we dont have whiplash. I love to hate Kova because of this. Each time they get together they risk both their careers. Did they risk it one too many times?

Are you Team Kova or Team Hayden. Although Hayden is more age appropriate for Adrianna, I am Team Kova all the way! Now I am impatiently waiting for book 2. Lol. And Malysh is my new favorite Russian word! Malysh, Malysh, Malysh! Kova can call me Malysh any day!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balance.

Finished Reading