April Symes's Reviews > Wide Open Spaces

Wide Open Spaces by Aurora Rose Reynolds

bookshelves: 2nd-chance-romance, 2nd-chances-after-betrayal-type-lov, adoption, almost-tragedy, alpha-heros, alpha-male, angst, arc, arc-review, auto-reads, baby-mama-drama, betrayal, broody-possessive-hero, coming-of-age, damn-this-author-rocks, dominant, dominant-swagger, down-n-dirty, emotional, erotic, fertile, forbidden-romance, friends-to-lovers-to-enemies-to-lov, heroine-that-you-root-for, heroine-has-child-from-previous-rel, lots-of-sexual-tension, lies, lies-and-cheating, love-healing-love, love-hate-relationship, miscommunication, new-adult, one-hero-one-heroine-no-cheaters-in, panty-melting, part-of-a-series, pregnancy, revenge, romantic-sweet-guys, rough-and-dirty-alpha, sassy-heroine, second-chances, secret-child, secrets-and-lies, single-dad, single-mother-heroine, small-town, so-complicated, so-so-good-n-yummy-read, spicy, super-steamy, told-from-dual-pov, triggers, trust-issues, twists-and-turns, very-possessive-alpha-male, past-characters-make-an-apperance

Omg! The book started on such a painful note which had me feel the pain and heartbreak for the MC. I couldn’t dare understand what that’s like but the author had me feel their pain and heartbreak. Darn her for that. I was in tears in the first few minutes of the book. A love story , a love story that is tied to a past mired in heartbreak and betrayal, love and secrets.
Shelby and Zach have such a history that time and space could not erase for the moment that they saw each other after 15 years, it’s like the years never existed and it was just yesterday when they last saw one another. No matter what happened or whom they moved on with, there is still the pull, the lure of one another. They still love each other and there is still the past and the attraction there and there is the one thing that will always keep them connected.
As the story continued and the POV for Shelby and then Zach was shown, ,my heart broke for each of them.. Mind you, I didn’t condone what Zach did but I understood –I saw where we was coming from and got where he was. He sees what he did and doesn’t fault Shelby for holding on to that pain but wants her to let it go, for both their sakes. Shelby , for the past, knows that she holds some of the blame. I hurt for them both and I so wanted them to wake up that they had that 2nd chance. Slowly but surely it started happening. When Zack showed Shelby the love he had for her, when he showed her by actions, oh my heart was warmed. He was a true alpha, and his love was true for her. And when Shelby had trouble with her ex husband, Zach was right there for her, lending support and just doing what needed to be done, which is what Shelby did when Zach had some trouble with his ex wife. And do not let me get started on their children – their children are adorable , and full of mischief.
Wide Open Spaces is a lovely, sweet and heartbreakingly touching romance read that is a 2nd chance romance that will touch you in so many ways. Shelby and Zach took that 2nd chance and were finally able to get it right after working thru the past. Its about forgiveness , letting go of the past and letting love into your life after letting the past go. Any ARR read is good for all those things and this is this and so much more. Words escape me except to say you will not go wrong by reading this and savoring the message and the love in this story.

My rating: 4.8 stars *****
**I was given an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review***
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wide Open Spaces.

August 24, 2016 – Started Reading