Helen 2.0's Reviews > Words of Radiance

Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

bookshelves: fantasy-epic, own, brs-done, hype-train, read-17, romance-on-side, unputdownable

On the whole, my life is pretty uneventful. I do normal human things with other normal humans, feeling normal human emotions.

But sometimes, rarely, a book swoops in and uproots my life with a ship for which I would actually die. My poor Fangirl heart bleeds for that ship. You may catch me curled up in my bed for days in the fetal position, obsessively rereading the best scenes.

That ship, my lovelies, was Kal & Shallan for me.

He saw it in her eyes. The anguish, the frustration. The terrible nothing that clawed inside and sought to smother her. She knew. It was there, inside. She had been broken.
Then she smiled. Oh, storms. She smiled
anyway.
It was the single most beautiful thing he’d seen in his entire life.

Oh man.
Oh gosh. Oh dear. Oh boy. OH BOY.

Reading Words of Radiance felt like Branderson stuck his hand right through my ribs, grabbed my heart, and said “I’m calling all the shots now, bitch.” I can say with certainty that my emotional stability is at his whim from now on. The angst, the drama, the beautiful banter between Kal and Shallan is EVERYTHING. In every regard they both match and complement each other. I swear if they’re not endgame all my life will have been for nothing.

So, if you’re looking for a reason to read the Stormlight Archive - do it for the emotional breakdown it’ll cause you!! I’ll be right there with ya 😉.

All the buildup and drama finally came to fruition in book 2 and made it much more exciting than the Way of Kings. Book 1 was really just an introduction and this installment is where the plot really gets going. It was nice moving forward with the story with a solid foundational knowledge of the world and characters.

I’m starting Oathbringer right away with the BB&B’ers for more sweet sweet Kallan action. WOOP WOOP 🎉🙌🏻

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Words of Radiance.

August 28, 2016 – Shelved
November 11, 2017 – Started Reading
November 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Helen ;) xoxo

Courtney YES YES YES! I swear if Brandon planted these beautiful seeds between Shallan and Kaladin and they don't go anywhere I will die!!!

message 3: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Helen! :)