Anne Milne's Reviews > El Diablo

El Diablo by M.  Robinson

Aug 28, 2016

So we know who he is, he's the devil but we knew nothing about his past and this book lays it care for us, told in 4 parts it's his past, present and hopefully future.
I love that M took us right back to the start where we get to see the dynamics of his family, what makes him tick, how he went from Alejandro to the man feared by everyone El Diablo. It's a very raw gritty story, it's definitely not fluffy clouds and rainbows it's death destruction and power. We see a boy/man struggling to accept his destiny while trying to retain the love of his sister and his 'one'. We see Briggs arrival in his life and it's poignant and beautiful but desperately sad at the same time.
Then we meet Lexi, sweet strong brave little Lexi, now even though I guessed who she was from the start it didn't detract from the story I still wanted to know her story and how she would be brought into 'the life'.
At times it's a brutal story I mean come it's El Diablo you wouldn't expect anything else but it's so beautiful we see a side of him you'd never expect, he's vulnerable, tender and so loving when he loves he loves hard, the sacrifices he makes throughout his life only made me love him more. This is hands down my favourite book by M ever, read it you won't be disappointed you may just fall in love with The Devil like me.

****Reviewed For Sweet Spot Sisterhood Blog****

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read El Diablo.

August 28, 2016 – Started Reading
August 28, 2016 – Shelved
August 28, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 28, 2016 –
21.0% "I can't stop reading it's do good"
29.0% "Oh Alejandro x"
August 28, 2016 –
44.0% "You are going to love this book"
August 28, 2016 –
51.0% "I don't want to stop but I've got to go to sleep"
August 29, 2016 –
58.0% "Oh what a tangled web he's weaving"
August 29, 2016 – Finished Reading