Inoli's Reviews > Gathering Blue

Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry

Jun 05, 2011

bookshelves: dystopia-postapocalyptic, own, series, study-social, middle-grade, must-comment
Read 2 times. Last read August 18, 2017 to August 24, 2017.

I found it very easy to rate this and The Giver four stars and may eventually come back and give them the fifth. I'm finding it harder to make a comment on either one. Ms. Lowry paints very good pictures with her stories. There's a very interesting combination of simplicity and complexity. I found the same thing to be true in Number The Stars. I feel like I want to read The Messenger and then right a whole essay on these. They really have affected me and will stick in my mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gathering Blue.

May 27, 2011 – Started Reading
June 5, 2011 – Finished Reading
June 6, 2011 – Shelved as: must-comment
August 18, 2017 – Started Reading
August 24, 2017 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Caren (new)

Caren I always enjoy your comments. Were you Children's Lit major or just naturally insightful? I hope you post your essay.

Inoli I'm very glad to hear that. No, not a Children's Lit major. And I thank you very much for such a high compliment. You not only made my day but the whole second half of a very hard and busy week.

Misty You should read The Messenger. I really liked how it brought it all together.

Inoli I intend to very soon. I had a feeling that's what was going to happen. I can almost imagine how it will happen. I really like the way she writes - the mood she creates or the tone and pace of the story - calming and thoughtful, or something like that.

Btw, i'm rereading P&P in preparation for adding zombies.

Misty =)