C.J. Burright's Reviews > Beast of All

Beast of All by J.C. McKenzie

I've loved the entire Carus series from the very beginning. Andy is the perfect heroine, vulnerable, kickass, stubborn, loyal, mouthy, and she makes her fair share of mistakes throughout. I still want her for my BFF. :) She's had to make some tough choices and endure a lot of heartache, and Beast of All ran the gamut of emotions. I cried, I shook my fist, I laughed, I sighed with happiness...all the feels people. All. The. Feels.

I can't decide which book in the series is my favorite, because they're all amazing, but Beast of All was a fabulous and absolutely satisfying conclusion to a great story. After getting through the sniffles (I knew someone I loved would die in this book, I just wasn't sure who...sob) and Andy's grief and healing, which was heartbreakingly beautiful, there are some witch friends to rescue, a mate to convince, revenge to be had, and the ultimate Big Bad to take down. I absolutely loved how all the characters I've become so fond of banded together, from shifters to Demon, vampires to witches, humans to who-knows-what-he-is Clint. Many of the characters who started out as Andy's enemies slowly became allies over the series, which made me happy because while they weren't nice to her at first, they were still impossible not to like. Andy doesn't always make it easy to be nice to her. :) I loved how she came to terms with who and what she is, as well as what she wanted. She so deserved a happy ending (as does her shifter mate...no spoiler here!), and while she had to work for it, she got it.

Beast of All was beautifully written and will both break and warm your heart. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this excellent urban fantasy series. Five plus stars, all the way.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beast of All.

Started Reading