AnessaRenee Reviews 's Reviews > Balance

Balance by Lucia Franco

Aug 27, 2016

Wow this book is intense. Let me warn you by stating that this is a story about crossing the line of moral boundaries. The connection between Ria and Kova is at times beautiful, intense, frustrating, forbidden and tortuous. There were times where I questioned my own moral compass because the author truly knows how to write where you no longer feel like you are reading but actually in the story. I found myself pissed at Kova for so many reasons but than also wanting him to make a move. Ria is a strong young woman who is very mature and knows what she wants. At times her age does show through and your like wait dang it she's only 15, and than want to protect her. I must say this book had me back and forth with my emotions and my morals. To me that is what great writing is all about. I felt connected to the characters and felt like I knew them. I would love to learn more from Kova's pov and see how he felt the whole time. This book was intense and charming. The gymnastics part of the story was exciting and really caught my attention. Not being a gymnast and not knowing much about it, it was wonderful reading about this beautiful sport. I can't wait for the next book. *Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood *
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balance.

August 26, 2016 – Started Reading