H.A.'s Reviews > Queen of Shadows

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

Dec 15, 2016

bookshelves: high_fantasy, fantasy, romantic-fantasy

This is my favorite book in the series so far! The world expands exponentially, so we see much more of the places we've only heard about before this. The cast also explodes, but in the most wonderful way! Villains coming out of the woodwork, surprising heroes, characters we can't be sure about their true alliance... so MUCH starts to unfold in this book, and we've only just begun! This starts the action roaring ahead that we've been waiting for since the beginning!

What's even more important for me is that the characters really become more multi-dimensional, more real, and I have started to have a real investment in their fate for the first time. And I'm sure I'm not at all alone when I say I love Aelin and Rowan. They crack me up, make me sigh, make me cry. He's a brute, but not a heartless, violent brute with no heart -- he shows it more and more here. Aelin is no delicate flower, damsel in distress. Quite the opposite. Sometimes she can be a little hard and heartless herself, but ultimately she and Rowan melt each other, balance each other, make one another better. That's the kind of ship I like to see.

I'm already into #5, and I can't wait to get to reading time every day to see what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Shadows.

August 26, 2016 – Shelved