Lin's Reviews > The Graveyard Book

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

bookshelves: favorites

Oh My God!!
Where do I start from??

Such a beautifully written story, I cannot get enough of it. I literally loved every single page, every word, paragraph, phrase and even punctuation! It has a very meaningful lesson that can teach us all something.

This is a book that will have that special place in my heart and I will jealously cherish it forever. For certain Neil has become one of my favourite authors out there and I want more of whatever he has to offer us.

I highly recommend you to read this book if you haven't yet IT IS SIMPLY SUPERB!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Graveyard Book.

Quotes Lin Liked

Neil Gaiman
“You're alive, Bod. That means you have infinite potential. You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you can change the world, the world will change. Potential. Once you're dead, it's gone. Over. You've made what you've made, dreamed your dream, written your name. You may be buried here, you may even walk. But that potential is finished.”

Neil Gaiman
“Because there are mysteries. Because there are things that people are forbidden to speak about. Because there are things they do not remember.”

Neil Gaiman
“It's like the people who believe they'll be happy if they go and live somewhere else, but who learn it doesn't work that way. Wherever you go, you take yourself with you. If you see what I mean.”

Neil Gaiman
“Fear is contagious. You can catch it. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to say that they're scared for the fear to become real. Mo was terrified, and now Nick was too. ”

Neil Gaiman
“Bod said, 'I want to see life. I want to hold it in my hands. I want to leave a footprint on the sand of a desert island. I want to play football with people. I want,' he said, and then he paused and he thought. 'I want everything.”

Neil Gaiman
“Wherever you go, you take yourself with you.”

Neil Gaiman
“We who make stories know that we tell lies for a living. But they are good lies that say true things, and we owe it to our readers to build them as best we can. Because somewhere out there is someone who needs that story. Someone who will grow up with a different landscape, who without that story will be a different person. And who with that story may have hope, or wisdom, or kindness, or comfort. And that is why we write.”

August 26, 2016 – Shelved
August 29, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
August 29, 2016 –
page 312
August 29, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Kevin I couldn't agree more, Lin.