Shell's Reviews > Come Back To Me

Come Back To Me by Edmond Manning

Edmond Manning never seems to pull his punches. He doesn't shy away from difficult topics or shameful secrets, rather facing demons head on and often airing them for the world to see--along with whatever bits of wisdom he/his character has gleaned from the experience. By daring to write in this manner,(and particularly in this series) the reader must be patient, just as we must be patient in life.

Come Back To Me is the reader's reward for their patience. Anyone who knows me knows how much I adore this series. It was recommended to me by a friend who said, "You're not going to know what's going on at first and you may hate Vin Vanbly, but stick with it and it'll be worth it."

Understatement of the century. Though each book in the series is unique, they all resonated with me in some kind of way. I could see myself, my feelings, in these characters, and often it wasn't in a good way. I recognized the faults these complex characters struggle with and cheered for them as they were forced to accept their true self.

I'm getting off track because it's difficult to review just this book without relating it to the entire series. Reading Come Back to Me felt as if I finally got to add a giant puzzle piece of the Vin Vanbly saga that I've been missing, hoping for, and waiting for.

And it didn't disappoint. For the first time we get to meet Vin's older brother, we get inside the head of someone other than Vin, and the book is about more than just a King Weekend.

I don't want to give anything away because I'd be super upset if someone spoiled this for me, but anyone already following the series will love this penultimate book. If you don't follow the series, be sure to visit Edmond's website, where he's listed the 4 (FOUR!) different ways readers can enjoy the Lost and Founds, AND THEN GET ON THAT.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Back To Me.

Started Reading