April's Reviews > Rogue of the Moors

Rogue of the Moors by Cynthia Breeding

Rogue of the Moors by Cynthia Breeding is a captivating Scottish Romance set in Arisaig and Glasgow, Scotland in 1800's. Rogue #6, but can be read as a stand alone.

Well written, steady paced Scottish Regency Romance. The characters are flawed, engaging and strong willed. The storyline is unique, intriguing, captivating, emotionally charged and absolutely mesmerizing.

This is the story of Alasdair MacDonald and Bridget MacLeod. You may remember Bridget and Alasdair from a previous book. Bridget is now a widow, come to Arisaig to help her sister, who is with child. She again encounters Alasdair, and long lingering feelings, best not acted upon, come back to life, for both of them. Bridget has to stay in Alasdair's lively family. Her letter to her sister apparently went astray, and they where not home.
Sparks fly, between Bridget and Alasdair again, but are not acted upon.

Honor, trickery, duty, deception, family, seduction, blackmail, murder, jealousy, grief, and secrets are what makes "Rogue of the Moors", such an awesome read.

Will Alasdair be able to disengage himself from a woman, who has trapped him into an unwanted betrothal, due to her lies and deceit? Will Bridget lose her heart to a man she can not have, or will truths finally come to light, before it's too late for herself and Alasdair?

There is so much to love about "Rogue of the Moors"....
I loved how the MacDonald clan, stuck together, to learn the truth of a very dangerous woman. And how they stepped forward, to keep their oldest brother from making the biggest mistake of his life, for honor and duty. He would do anything to protect his little sister, including marrying the wrong woman, if he must.
Blackmail can be a dangerous game!

I absolutely adore Bridget, she is strong, honorable, dependable and intelligent. She also may lose the only man, she has very loved, to the mistrations of a very dangerous, jealous, and calculated female. Bridget's first marriage was not what it seemed, it was not a love match. Alasdair is a true hero, an honorable Highlander, and loved by his family and clan.
Oh and the MacDonald clan is powerful, captivating and worthy of admiration. I do hope the MacDonald family all find a story of their own.
A must read Scottish Romance! Readers will be transfixed and awed with his story from the beginning to the last page.
Ms. Breeding is an amazing storyteller, one who writes powerful and compelling stories of heroes, Highlanders, and the lasses who love them.
I can't wait for the next installment. I loved the others in this series, but this one was special to me, it is a heartwarming tale of love, sacrifice, and finding a HEA. Powerful and compelling!
Strongly recommended! I hope you will pick up "Rogue of the Moors", for yourself, you will be glad you did.
Received for an honest review. However, all opinions, insights and thoughts are my own personal opinions.

Rating: 4.5
Heat rating: Mild
Reviewed by: AprilR

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rogue of the Moors.

Finished Reading