Exina's Reviews > The Misadventures of Doc and Dirk Vol. 1

The Misadventures of Doc and Dirk Vol. 1 by Dan Skinner

did not like it
bookshelves: everyone-liked-but-me, boring, expected-more, firsts, mistagged, no-steam, told-not-shown

This story reassured me of two things.

First, I’m not into teens. Teen boy mesmerized by his own dick - I just don’t care.

Second, I’m not into masturbation scenes. God, I’d never thought it would take that long for a teenager. I always assumed they could be done with it pretty quickly. Dirk detailing his first solo session for I-don’t-know-how-many-pages-long is simply boring. For me.

Despite being tagged as a romance, it is not, and tagged as humorous and reviewed as hilarious - well, I laughed only once. No, not at something in this story, but just because something Dirk said here reminded me of this scene from American Pie Reunion:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Misadventures of Doc and Dirk Vol. 1.

August 26, 2016 – Shelved
August 27, 2016 – Shelved as: mistagged
August 27, 2016 – Shelved as: no-steam
August 27, 2016 – Shelved as: told-not-shown
August 27, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. What's RTC?

message 2: by Jewel (new)

Jewel Review to come.

Exina .Lili. wrote: "What's RTC?"

Thanks, Jewel, yes, that's it! :D
And here it comes.

message 4: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. Exina wrote: ".Lili. wrote: "What's RTC?"

Thanks, Jewel, yes, that's it! :D
And here it comes."

Jewel wrote: "Review to come."

I so should've been able to figure that out. *face palm*

message 5: by Jewel (last edited Aug 27, 2016 02:43PM) (new)

Jewel And fabulous review it is, too!

Exina Jewel wrote: "And fabulous review it is, too!

Holy hell, pages of description for his first wank? Hell no. It isn't freaking Moby Dick..."

LOL, thanks, Jewel! xx

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Sorry this didn't work, hon.

Exina ~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ wrote: "Sorry this didn't work, hon."

Thanks, Dani!

message 9: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Great honest review Exina! Sorry it didn't work for you. Hope the next one is less "teen self satisfaction". :)

message 10: by Delta (new)

Delta I hope your next read is worth your time...

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ Sorry it was a bust, Exina! Great honest review! ;)

message 12: by Candace (new)

Candace That sounds horrible! Great, honest review, though. Better luck with your next one, Exina! :)

message 13: by Exina (new) - rated it 1 star

Exina Vilda wrote: "That sucks it wasn't for you! Better luck with your next one. ^-^"

Aisling Zena wrote: "Great honest review Exina! Sorry it didn't work for you. Hope the next one is less "teen self satisfaction". :)"

Delta wrote: "I hope your next read is worth your time..."

Arianna wrote: "Sorry it was a bust, Exina! Great honest review! ;)"

Thanks, dear friends!

message 14: by Exina (last edited Aug 29, 2016 02:04PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Exina Candace wrote: "That sounds horrible! Great, honest review, though. Better luck with your next one, Exina! :)"

Not horrible, just not my thing. :)
Thanks, darling!

message 15: by Neyra ♦ (new)

Neyra ♦ I hope u have better luck next time Exina! We all have our boundaries even when reading :P

message 16: by Exina (new) - rated it 1 star

Exina Neyra ♦ wrote: "I hope u have better luck next time Exina! We all have our boundaries even when reading :P"

True! :D
Thanks, Neyra!

message 17: by Ula'ndi (new)

Ula'ndi Hart Awww sorry you didn't like it. I have to say..that cover alone will have the power to put me off trying it. Better luck next time!

message 18: by Exina (new) - rated it 1 star

Exina Ula'ndi wrote: "Awww sorry you didn't like it. I have to say..that cover alone will have the power to put me off trying it. Better luck next time!"

Thanks, honey! :)

message 19: by Judith (new)

Judith Sorry you didn't enjoy this one,darling!

message 20: by Exina (new) - rated it 1 star

Exina Judith wrote: "Sorry you didn't enjoy this one,darling!"

Thanks, Judith! xx