Shelby's Reviews > Lured By My Master

Lured By My Master by Jenna Jacob

liked it
bookshelves: erotica, romance, series, wickedreviews, dark-bdsm-erotica

*I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team*

I am going to be among the minority on this one.
I want to first say that I'm a huge fan of this series, and so far I've loved all of the characters (even if I hated them to start with). I like watching the unlikely pairings and feeling the emotion and devotion that the world of BDSM provides.

This book may be read as a stand-alone as each book is based on a new set of characters, but I would definitely suggest starting at the beginning!

We met Cindy in book 5, she's a nurse that works with Liz in the Emergency Department of the hospital. She also had a HUGE crush on Dr. Sam and they've started dating.
This book starts in the middle of Cindy having a crisis (mostly with herself) and showing her deep-rooted trust issues. Due to this Sam is forced to "show his hand" earlier than he wanted, and everything goes to hell quickly for the pair.

My issue with this story is with Sam. He isn't as compassionate to Cindy's plight as I wanted.
Instead of explaining himself and his proclivities from the beginning of their budding relationship, he explores his kinky side at Genesis without Cindy. Even worse, I feel, he expects her accept this Domination without question when she's clearly not willing to.

As the story continues, we learn about Cindy's past and her hesitancy with the entire BDSM culture. I'm happy to admit that Sam does, eventually, redeem himself. That being so, overall he is my least favored character of the 6 books.

Wicked Reads Review Team

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lured By My Master.

August 25, 2016 – Started Reading
August 25, 2016 – Shelved
August 25, 2016 – Shelved as: erotica
August 25, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
August 25, 2016 – Shelved as: series
August 25, 2016 – Shelved as: wickedreviews
August 30, 2016 – Shelved as: dark-bdsm-erotica
August 30, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Eve (Between The Bookends) So question.."Instead of explaining himself and his proclivities from the beginning of their budding relationship, he explores his kinky side at Genesis without Cindy."

Does that mean he was cheating on Cindy? Having sex with others at the club at the same time as dating her? Thanks in advance, :D

Shelby I would say that there is no physical cheating. The issue starts when Sam doesn't fully inform her of this proclivities, you could say (the way I felt) he was toeing the "emotional" line. Honestly though, this is totally up for interpretation.