Jennifer's Reviews > Venom and Steel

Venom and Steel by Melissa Wright

2951978
Dec 16, 2016

bookshelves: epic-fantasy, mythical, reviewed
Read 2 times. Last read May 10, 2017 to May 19, 2017.

"I was just a broken girl now, like my mother, and hers before. This was how it started. Emptiness and despair. Everyone knew how it ended."

From the beginning, Venom and Steel throws you back into a theater of elves verses fey, dark against light, & the humans caught in an age-old war. Picking up some time after "Rise of the Seven," we are quickly re-acquainted with the company of characters we fell in love with before. Only this time, the fey are the central threat, with changelings taking advantage of the chaos an old conflict brings about. Stakes are higher than ever and the battle of wits & magic is spectacular. While Ruby shines brightest in this latest installment, Frey finds herself powerless to stop events from unfolding. Veil, the leader of the fey court strikes a bargain with Frey that leaves the kingdoms reeling. As the company is split apart by outside forces, they must learn to overcome insurmountable odds. Old enemies must become new allies as dark and light join forces, and a new threat looms in the horizon that threatens to destroy them all.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venom and Steel.

August 25, 2016 – Shelved