Jessthebookslover's Reviews > Life In The No Dating Zone

Life In The No Dating Zone by Patricia B. Tighe

Review of Life in the No-Dating Zone by Patricia B.
Tighe
Rating: 5/5 stars

Oh. My. Gosh.
Why do I do this to myself? Why do I enjoy reading contemporary books? WHY.
I don't have an answer, I just do.
Another time, a contemporary broke my heart because of how good it was.
I mean.. Claire and Gray's story has been amazing, unique and compelling.
This is the right way to start a new month. Thanks Patricia!

Synopsis:

After surviving her parents' relationship drama when her older sister elopes, Claire Gardner vows not to date during high school. Now, three years later, Claire is thrust into new relationship drama--her two best friends have boyfriends. Which means Claire is spending more and more time alone. And she's more than a little peeved.

Enter Gray Langley. His year-long crush on Claire's friend Lindsey has made him desperate enough to ask Claire for help. Hesitant at first, Claire agrees--anything to get rid of Lindsey's current evil boyfriend. But as Claire and Gray plot together, an attraction develops, and now she must decide if being with Gray is worth the pain that will come from confronting her parents with the reasons for her vow.

Soooo. I don't know where to start. I made clear that I loved this book in some of my previous posts posts on Instagram and also in my IG story multiple times, but I'll never stop saying how much I loved this book.
Claire is an amazing female protagonist, cute, has her own ideas, seems pretty tough, but deep down she has many insecurities.
Gray is Gray. The super cute super handsome guy who can't find the courage to talk to the girl he's always worshipped and finds himself involved in something more.

The writing is excellent and it flows really well, I had zero problems getting into the story, which is great. The plot is fantastic and it reminded me a bit of The Duff (at least the movie, forgive me, but I didn't read the novel!). I loved how everything is connected, and nothing seems out of place. So well done. *clapclap*
Definitely recommended is you like YA contemporary books!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life In The No Dating Zone.

August 25, 2016 – Shelved
August 25, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 23, 2017 – Started Reading
page 2
4.0% "Awwww Grayson"
4.0% "Awwww Grayson"
February 24, 2017 –
8.0% "Uhm forgot something: BOYS + CHILDREN are the death of me. Like... Marry me now."
February 24, 2017 –
9.0% "Uhhmmm Claire is so me these days. The only difference is that I don't have a guy asking me for advice."
February 24, 2017 –
14.0% "I can't stop reading this."
February 25, 2017 –
February 27, 2017 –
February 27, 2017 –
February 28, 2017 –
February 28, 2017 –
69.0% "That definitely isn't a bad idea Gray. That's pure genius."
March 1, 2017 –
80.0% "You must be fuc**** kidding me Claire."
March 2, 2017 –