Daniella (Reading With Daniella)'s Reviews > Sentinel

Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

41915343

bookshelves: young-adult, ya-fantasy-dystopian-sci-fi, want-to-buy, 2017-reads, all-time-favourites, mythology, read-free-online
Read 2 times. Last read March 5, 2019 to March 14, 2019.

Click here to see this review and others on my blog Reading With Daniella

July 2017: Me at Jennifer L. Armentrout for writing such an incredible series:

It's over. It's actually over. This is one of those series that I can't even bear the thought of never getting another book, or another story about Alex, Aiden, Deacon, Luke, Caleb, Marcus, Apollo, Solos, and all of those other wonderful characters. This series means the world to me, and I am beyond thankful for having read it. It is by far one of the best series I have ever read and it (along with the Lux series) is my go-to comfort book. There are so many scenes that I constantly go back to and read all the time and they never, ever get old.

This was honestly one of the most emotional books I have ever had the great pleasure of reading. It ripped out my heart, shredded it up into a million pieces, and then stomped all over it over and over and over again until I thought that I wouldn't be able to feel anymore pain in my heart.
Now that I've finished it, I can't concentrate on anything because I just can't stop thinking about everything. So much happened and all so fast and unexpected that I can't believe it's over. A few sections of the book made me cry like a baby, which I don't normally do all that often when I'm reading. However, it just killed me, it really did. As I said, these books mean so much to me, more than I could ever out into words. Now that they're finished, I don't know what to do with myself. I can't imagine a life in which there are no more books in this series. It sounds over dramatic, I know, but it's the truth.

I'm left with so many questions about what happens to all of the characters at the end. I was honestly expecting an epilogue, and I don't know what to do since we don't have one.
(view spoiler)

I know that there is a spin-off series featured around Seth, which I will most definitely be reading because I fricking love Seth, but from what I understand, Alex and Aiden don't make any appearances. And that's really depressing. They are characters that I've grown to love more than I could possible ever express and it hurts so much to never hear anything new about them. It hurts so, so, so, much.
This is definitely one of the most memorable series I've read, and I know that it will stick with me forever. And for that, I'm grateful. So thank you, Jennifer Armentrout, for creating this story that has never failed to make me smile, cry, laugh out loud, and feel every wonderful emotion that I could only hope a book would bring to me.

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 / 5 stars
Seriously, I'm not exaggerating It's just THAT good. But don't take my word for it. Go read this series for yourself. Trust me, you'll be happy you did.

March 2019: Ugh, right in the feels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sentinel.

August 25, 2016 – Shelved
July 11, 2017 – Started Reading
July 12, 2017 – Finished Reading
March 5, 2019 – Started Reading
March 10, 2019 –
36.0% "I love Deacon!!!!"
March 13, 2019 –
86.0% "I want to give Seth a great big hug!"
March 14, 2019 – Finished Reading