Julie (*Happily Ever Chapter*)'s Reviews > Southern Nights & Secrets

Southern Nights & Secrets by Robin Covington

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley

DNF @ 56%

I'm sorry, I really tried to push myself through this one but unfortunately I couldn't do it. I couldn't stand the male MC at all! This is a second chance romance, and we are told that he coldly broke up with her and then proceeded to sleep with her roommate...which he makes sure she walks in on.... Yeah, I'm sorry there isn't really any coming back from that. Supposedly he did it for her on good because he wasn't good enough for her. He comes from a tough upbringing and we are supposed to feel bad enough about it that we let go the fact that he's a disgusting manwhore?? Sorry, I couldn't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Southern Nights & Secrets.

August 24, 2016 – Shelved
August 24, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 24, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
September 9, 2016 – Started Reading
September 18, 2016 –
56.0% "I'm really trying to muscle thru this one but it's really hard to root for a guy that broke up with her and then slept with her roommate. there's really no coming back from that, I don't care how hard your past was. uuuugghhh"
September 19, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna I can put up with a lot from a H but that behavior is pretty much a no-go for me.

Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*) Anna wrote: "I can put up with a lot from a H but that behavior is pretty much a no-go for me."

Yeah, that's a little ridiculous! Oh well, on to the next one. Hopefully it's a little better