Amy's Reviews > Always the Bridesmaid

Always the Bridesmaid by Dakota Trace

Jun 04, 2011

Read from December 22 to 27, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This book actually made me cry! It is beautiful, sexy, sweet, and full of heart. The celebration of a woman of any size gets thumbs up from me. The fact that Ms. Trace was bold enough to take the less trodden path of giving her main character a full figure is just courageous. Dakota’s inner dialog for Jenna is heartbreaking and refreshing. The insecurities women of all sizes have when it comes to their bodies are handled with grace and honesty.

I did not cry when he proposed, I did cry when she finally believed that Noah’s attraction was sincere and deeply rooted. “Not all men like sticks in their bed.” Noah’s appreciation of Jenna’s curves created a rugged prince than any woman, of any size, will melt over.

The pace is quick, whisking you through the unexpected love affair from first kiss to eternal bliss (corny I know, had to be done). While this is a romance, this is most definitely an erotic romance. In this case the erotic center of the book is a breathtaking use of physical emotion. To tell the tale Ms. Trace has designed, sexuality is a main character and is handled with tasteful passion.

I love the simplicity of the tale, the hopeless romance and captured daydream of any woman who is feeling less than glamorous. Dakota Trace is a highly underrated creative force, and I highly recommend this book. It tugs on the heart strings, speaks to the enchantment of a man and a woman truly embracing an undeniable attraction, and has an overall heartwarming message of happily-ever after for all sizes, shapes, and colors!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always the Bridesmaid.