blue's Reviews > What We Hide

What We Hide by Marthe Jocelyn

liked it
bookshelves: 1st-person-every-fucking-where, back-to-school, lgbt

eh. this book was a mess it would've been so much better if she'd picked like three povs and stuck with them. I saw other reviews say this, but it's like.....nobody really grows (I mean there is some character development, mainly where Jenny is concerned, and that was sweet, but nothing really happens) and you don't really get to see what's happening with them, and there's just really no emotional impact. I honestly would have preferred it have been all from Jenny's POV (though my true wish is that the book would've just been from Luke and Robbie's POV but whatever). That being said it's not like it was....bad, it just....didn't have anything truly substantial to it ?? but whatever. I just feel like I didn't even actually read anything, you know. I kept waiting for stuff to happen but it was just.....anecdotes about shit happening in random kids' lives. Like......okay? It'd be disappointing but this was just a random book I picked up and I didn't really have any expectations. It's basically just a bunch of empty pages. Or maybe that's my empty stomach talking.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What We Hide.

August 24, 2016 – Started Reading
August 24, 2016 – Shelved
August 24, 2016 –
page 186
64.58% "if I have to read the word "slag" one more time I swear to god"
August 24, 2016 – Shelved as: 1st-person-every-fucking-where