Danielle Urban's Reviews > Dead Down East

Dead Down East by Carl  Schmidt

Dead Down East by Carl Schmidt is a mystery readers everywhere won't be able to get enough of...especially of the main character, Jesse Thorpe. I am hoping there's going to be more books out soon. Otherwise, I will go bat crazy trying to come up with new adventures this new detective will engage. Absolutely, the most charming, hilarious, and intriguing detective noir that I have read. This is a new series, I would recommend to all.

Carl Schmidt's writing is that of a seasoned writer. Words that make me want to dig further and solve the case as well as find out more about Jesse Thorpe. Dead Down East holds murder, humor, and a mystery unlike any other. The danger is real. Plus, there are some steamy scenes. The characters will blow away readers' minds. Jesse Thorpe goes on a mission to rescue a woman who is in danger. She happens to be in the same area that someone else was recently assassinated. Jesse Thorpe goes about finding the murdering weapon, theft, has the DNA of an accomplice for the murder. If the accomplice can be found and interrogated the murder might just be within reach...but it all depends on if, when, and how. Every page is filled with action of some kind. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Down East.

Started Reading