♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme's Reviews > My Fair Captain

My Fair Captain by J.L. Langley

Not sure what to expect, I read the first five chapters and was totally confused. What is with the Father and Sire? As the story continued, I finally figured out what was going on. A planet full of gay men who are genetically changed to be this way. O_O

I'm a little horrified at the thought to force a person's sexuality through genetics. I didn't think I'd like the book because of this distasteful act. Several chapters in, I kind of fell for Nate aka Hawk. It's not hard. He's pretty endearing PLUS he's a military man. I have a weakness for men in uniform. Aidan is kind of odd for me. He's this naive innocent little boy yet not. He's hard to dislike because he's so cute.

I found this society to be a distorted historical romance. I liked it! I especially liked the sex scenes. Who knew I'd like the m/m sex scenes in this one. Many of the m/m I've read, the sex is just eh, okay. Since I do like anal...well, this was right up my alley so to speak. I thought the marriage tradition hilarious and would have loved to have read about it being done. I hope it happens in the next book.

This story was very enjoyable. The right blend of scifi/military and historical romance to trip my trigger. I recommend this to someone who enjoys scifi fantasy and historical romances. If you don't like m/m, this is probably not for you. If you are curious about m/m sex, this is a pretty hot one to read. I don't know if gay guys get off on reading this type of scene. As a woman, I think the best I can compare is when hetero guys like to watch f/f. For me, I'm starting to like watching/reading m/m.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fair Captain.

June 4, 2011 – Shelved