Brenda's Reviews > When a Lady Deceives

When a Lady Deceives by Tara Kingston

Description
A woman with a secret and a dangerous man forge an undeniable passion.

In Victorian London, reporter Jennie Quinn employs deception as a weapon. Going undercover to seek justice for a murdered informant, she’s drawn into a powerful criminal’s seductive game of cat and mouse. Enigmatic former lawman Matthew Colton is as dangerous as he is clever, but the passion in his kiss is too tempting to resist. She aches to trust him, but she will not abandon her quest for the truth.

Colton is a man with secrets of his own. Thirsting for vengeance, the disgraced Scotland Yard detective has infiltrated the criminal world he’s vowed to destroy. Jennie intrigues him, even as she breaks down the barriers around his heart. He yearns to uncover her secrets—in and out of his bed. Driven to shield her, he’ll risk everything to protect the woman whose love heals his soul.

My Thoughts:

This was my first taste of this author's works and it left me wanting more.
This is a very intriguing story with a lot of mystery and a great deal of violence. I usually do not go for this type of story preferring milder violence and sexy, however the author made you want to keep reading.
Because of the violent nature of the story it may not be to your taste, but it is very well written and the truth to the mystery is not revealed until almost the end of the book, so it keeps your interest.
I would give the development of the characters and the story line a 4 star rating.
I received this book as a Digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When a Lady Deceives.

August 12, 2016 – Started Reading